Filling up pool for the 1st time

I noticed you have the 32x16 intex listed as 55,000 litres which is the manufacturers water volume.... if it's anything like my 24x12 Bestway it won't take that much ... mine is 30k at 90% specced and around 26.5k measured 1" from spilling over ... i'd guess the 55k will be closer to 47/48 for chemical calculations and actual volume

it's important to have the volume close especially if your trying to juggle tabs to get cya in

Found this info from the filter/pump manual. You are right, the capacity is calculated at 90%.7AF27BBA-8BA2-4A7C-B766-86720D20D75F.jpeg

Be aware that the sprayer will cause aeration which will raise your pH. You do not want to constantly run the sprayer.

I don't know what an Intex LED Sprayer looks like, but if it's as bright as a typical pool light, you might not enjoy it pointing at the deck, if that's where you plan to lounge at night to enjoy the light. We generally advise folks to point their pool lights away from the house and away from their primary seating area... If that's the only place it can go, then there's nothing to be done about that... My pool light points at the table at which we sit, and it's annoying...

At area #4, I see the skimmer. What is the arrow indicating? Is that a suction port? Perhaps for a vacuum? Or were you just indicating direction, and those aren't two different things?

I don't know what an Intex LED Sprayer looks like, but if it's as bright as a typical pool light, you might not enjoy it pointing at the deck, if that's where you plan to lounge at night to enjoy the light. We generally advise folks to point their pool lights away from the house and away from their primary seating area... If that's the only place it can go, then there's nothing to be done about that... My pool light points at the table at which we sit, and it's annoying...

This is the sprayer I am talking about. But don't think I want to install it to avoid aeration as mentioned by @ajw22 .

Currently, 4 is the pool outlet. So I am planning to instal an Intex Skimmer over there.

Attachments

• intex sprayer.JPG
    intex sprayer.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 14
  • intex skimmer.JPG
    intex skimmer.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 13

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Currently, 4 is the pool outlet. So I am planning to instal an Intex Skimmer over there.
OK. I was just going to caution you about suction ports. Anywhere water leaves the pool: "pool outlet (suction port)," drains, vacuum cleaner ports, and perhaps even your skimmer, there is a potential danger. When the pump is running, these components can trap swimmers bodies or hair and cause serious injury or drowning. Be sure to never leave a suction port exposed to the water, especially when there are swimmers in the pool. Now-a-days these components have built-in safeties that should never be removed and they should be kept in good working order.

I don’t know that device, but if someone here does they’ll probably first ask you what setting you have it on. Maybe even post a picture of the knob.

Also, it looks like it might be time to update your signature, so others can have an accurate description of your current pool setup.

I don’t know that device, but if someone here does they’ll probably first ask you what setting you have it on. Maybe even post a picture of the knob.

Also, it looks like it might be time to update your signature, so others can have an accurate description of your current pool setup.

Busy enjoying my new pool ?‍? Forgot to update my signature ?

I have dropped a 200gm Trichlor tablet into the Waterking chlorine dispenser and ran my pump for 7 hrs. After checking on the tablet just now, it seems like the tablet has not dissolved much. Is this normal? How long does it takes to dissolve the tablet fully?

Tablets take around 5 to 7 days to dissolve.

Just checking... regardless of the type of chlorine automation you're using, or will use, you still have to test often and maintain your proper FC level with liquid chlorine until your automated system gets adjusted properly to keep up with your pool's demand, especially while your CYA level is low. Don't let your FC drop while you're fooling with these gizmos, because you could risk a nasty attack of algae...

I have been running my pump around 7hrs daily with a single 200gm Trichlor tablet in the dispenser. From my FC readings (assume I don’t it correctly ?), it seems like the tablet dissolve rate is not fast enough.

I have drop another tablet in the dispenser just now, so I have two tablets working together now.

Is it a good idea to crush a tablet and put into the dispenser to quicken the tablet dissolving rate?

The followings are the two readings I have done so far (only have a 4 in 1 test kit, still waiting for my LaMotte test kit to arrive):
22/1/20
FC 0.2
pH 8.0
TA 50

24/1/20 (attached pic)
FC <0.2
PH 7.4
TA 50

Attachments

• 1EEEB603-C7F1-472D-8B1B-CDFA173DFD80.jpeg
    1EEEB603-C7F1-472D-8B1B-CDFA173DFD80.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 9
And my pump/filter outlet to the pool has this hydro aeration technology as describe as per attached pic. But as mentioned above, aeration will cause PH to rise. So I am sure whether I should off the aeration feature r not ?

Attachments

• 1328CC4E-8885-40F3-8DD1-5F9F667DE884.jpeg
    1328CC4E-8885-40F3-8DD1-5F9F667DE884.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 3
I have been running my pump around 7hrs daily with a single 200gm Trichlor tablet in the dispenser. From my FC readings (assume I don’t it correctly ?), it seems like the tablet dissolve rate is not fast enough.

I have drop another tablet in the dispenser just now, so I have two tablets working together now.

Is it a good idea to crush a tablet and put into the dispenser to quicken the tablet dissolving rate?

The followings are the two readings I have done so far (only have a 4 in 1 test kit, still waiting for my LaMotte test kit to arrive):
22/1/20
FC 0.2
pH 8.0
TA 50

24/1/20 (attached pic)
FC <0.2
PH 7.4
TA 50
Yep, this is just what I was concerned about. An SWG (and I suspect a tab feeder is the same) cannot effectively bring up your FC level. They're designed to maintain the level once you get it where you want it. Your FC is dangerously low (in terms of an algae outbreak). Bring it up immediately with liquid chlorine. Check Pool School for the proper FC level for your pool type. Use Pool Math to determine how much liquid chlorine to add, based on your water volume, like right now.

Oh, and don't crush a tablet, I don't believe any good will come of that. Use liquid chlorine.

Once that's done, you might use the method I did to tune my SWG (should also apply to tab feeders). Say your target FC is 5 (for this example). Bring your FC to 5 with liquid chlorine. Fill your tab feeder as per the instructions. When I used to have one, it was filled with all the tabs it could hold, not just one at a time. Not sure how yours works. Anyway, fill the feeder and set the dial midway. Come back in exactly 24 hours and test your FC.

- If it's low, bring your FC back to 5 using liquid chlorine, and then turn up the feeder dial a notch. Come back in exactly 24 hours and do all that again. Repeat that process, day after day, until your FC holds at 5 without adding liquid chlorine. Wherever the dial ends up, that's the adjustment your pool needs (at least, for this time of year, it may change throughout the year, or if your bather load changes).

- If after the first day, your FC is high, then dial down the feeder a notch, come back in 24 hours. Repeat until your FC starts to lose ground, then bring it back to 5 with liquid chlorine, and dial up the knob a notch.

When it's time to start up the SWG, you'll use the same process to find the SWG setting your pool needs.

If you try to move your FC with tabs alone, you'll be at it forever... Remember, the feeder (and SWG) are designed to maintain FC, not change it from one level to another.

Reactions: ellislo and Dtkokay

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.