Filling the CL200

Apr 4, 2017
Lodi, CA
What's the general consensus on these things? I know they can hold 9lbs of tablets, but is it wise to do so? Should I fill with 3-4 tabs and see how it goes, or "set it and forget it" so to speak and just fill it up. I know I can't just forget about it, but would have to fill it less frequently if it was full. Just concerned with wasting tablets if it's all the same.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The general consensus here to not use pucks at all for routine sanitizing of the pool. Sorry! We only suggest them for occasional use during vacations and such. Pucks add way too much "other stuff" along with the chlorine and that gets folks into big trouble when it builds up. Most of them add CYA, some add calcium. A pool only needs so much of those yet a steady diet of chlorine.....see the problem? And worse yet, the only way to lower CYA or calcium is via drains/refills. And you being in CA...well, your water calcium level gets way high on its own far too fast. Capisce? :cool:

Have you considered liquid chlorine or a Salt Water Chlorine Generator instead??

Yippee :flower:

I've heard about all that. Anecdotal evidence from my own experiences as well as my father in law tell me that CYA levels don't dramatically climb like some people make it seem like they do. My pool has not been drained in 3 years with exclusive use of pucks as a chlorination method and has been sitting at a cool 30ish since then. My father in law has had his going for 15 years or so without needing to drain and has an inline chlorinator using pucks. Have you ever actually had a problem with them, or did you switch before a problem developed?

Liquid chlorine has annoying points attached to it. I either have to go buy it more often or store more of it at a time, plus creates more trash, not that that's a deal breaker. It's just less convenient than pucks and I've never had a problem with pucks.

I'll save my pennies up some day and get a SWG but for now I have other things I'd rather spend $900+ on. Namely, I'd like to put it towards replastering said pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.