Filling New Pool Q's

Here are the wider shots of the salt cell at 1300rpm for reference

IMG20230528130746.jpg

IMG20230528131256.jpg

That is about the size and volume of the bubbles in the cell during production and they are all moved through about 5 seconds or so after the cell switches off.

Definitely get more visible gas bubbles at the returns than at a higher speed. Eg 1900rpm is essentially imperceptible in daylight.

All good? Taking shots of the wrong thing?

Taking shots of the wrong thing?
You did good. THANKS.

The teeny tiny champaign like bubbles are the normal operation of the cell. At a higher RPM they are less noticeable because they are a constant regardless of flow.

From how you described it, I thought the cell was filling with gas. We've seen them where the unit was half or more empty due to the 'bubble'.

• Wow
Reactions: RookiePick
Well I'm not happy with the skimming performance at 1300rpm as much as I think the reduced pump noise is nice. The electricity isn't a big deal as the solar panels cover the pump demand easily so I have returned to 1900rpm.

I might have a try of the variable return nozzles I mentioned earlier at some point as they should increase the velocity of the return despite the lower volume of water moving. It's quite possible that that won't help as the suction at the skimmer itself will be unchanged. I don't think I'll be rushing to do anything.

A bit frustrating I can't set different pump speeds for different filter cycles - a couple of hours of higher speed operation would most likely keep the pool well skimmed but you live and learn I guess. Sales staff don't really seem to have the best grasp on this stuff, which seems a bit silly as surely they can massage a bit more margin for themselves into better hardware set-ups.

Well I'm not happy with the skimming performance at 1300rpm as much as I think the reduced pump noise is nice. The electricity isn't a big deal as the solar panels cover the pump demand easily so I have returned to 1900rpm.

That's pretty much the same experience that I had. I've settled on 1800 default speed.

It's quite possible that that won't help as the suction at the skimmer itself will be unchanged.

Yep

A bit frustrating I can't set different pump speeds for different filter cycles - a couple of hours of higher speed operation would most likely keep the pool well skimmed but you live and learn I guess.

You'll find what works for you

Reactions: RookiePick
Been storming and carrying here for right on a week
IMG20230610121224.jpg
Half hour later...
IMG20230610141742.jpg
IMG20230610141506.jpg
Still more to do but the bellyful of sand and rubbish had to be dealt with. Another half hour run on the floor
IMG20230610160001.jpg
Another bellyful of sand but getting closer. Unleashed Astro for a final time... had to take my kid to the hospital part way through - got bit by a cat out in the street 😾

Many hours later on my return
IMG20230610223113.jpg
Paving commences this week with any luck. Can't wait to trap the sand under some hardscape!

Reactions: Newdude and mgtfp
IMG_20230619_211436.jpg
I got pretty much all the sand out of the pool, 4-5kg I would think. Just in time for another storm to hit overnight with half an inch of rain and some decent winds. Spared myself taking a look before going to work 😂

A bit of very fine particle in the pool from the brick saw (I'm guessing) that might be too fine for the cartridge or the robot so will have to see how that progresses.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Days getting slightly longer. CYA has no doubt dipped, along with my salt and CH with the rainfall and having to pump out a bit of water a few times. Put the SWG up to 30% as there has been a gradual decline in FC over the past couple of weeks. Will grab a few bits and bobs next time I go past the big green shed.

Still seems stupendously easy to keep things in line with TFP.

Have sorted the lawn retic and relaid my saved sods. Got some weed sprays done. Will hopefully have the lawn area in good shape by the end of spring.

IMG20230805132149.jpg

Just waiting on the boss to make some decisions on the "pool garden" and hopefully smash into that before too long!

Reactions: Newdude and mgtfp
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.