NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Today the dig has begun for the Leisure Ultimate 40 FG pool. NJ location. Never thought we would have a pool so we are going backwards. Fence was in, sprinklers were in so sprinklers will need to be redone and one of the main lines was cut (murphy's law). No bedrock was hit or so far any major dig obstacle. Just the underground downspout main line will need to be relocated. Dig started and needed to stop as rain was moving in. Been dry as a bone for weeks but day we start down comes the rain. How it goes and have to take it as it comes.

D207518D-A314-4B31-9F0A-553F04269CDC_1_105_c.jpegDB49CE11-68A2-4F15-93A1-2C4F2749166E_1_105_c.jpeg848CF86F-7C30-4B30-9AC7-7A18ABEEBD39_1_105_c.jpeg

Looks great, best of luck! That's the exact pool I was considering before I went a different way....

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to get the pool after you signed your contract and were you delayed at all by the Texas freeze? Sorry, really odd question I know.

Looks great, best of luck! That's the exact pool I was considering before I went a different way....

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to get the pool after you signed your contract and were you delayed at all by the Texas freeze? Sorry, really odd question I know.
I signed my contract in the August/Sept of 2020. Pool manufacturing was delayed due to covid so the late fall build was put off until spring. Texas slowed our start date about 3 weeks. My builder said equipment delays of various items have really played havoc with his schedule. He said normally when pool is delivered (July 8th for us) they would be on site until completion but they will set pool and then come back a week later. The excavator told me they would have completed 10 pools by this time of the year and they have completed only 5. So schedules are totally disrupted.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you head a "different direction" and what is that direction?

Reactions: Casey
I signed my contract in the August/Sept of 2020. Pool manufacturing was delayed due to covid so the late fall build was put off until spring. Texas slowed our start date about 3 weeks. My builder said equipment delays of various items have really played havoc with his schedule. He said normally when pool is delivered (July 8th for us) they would be on site until completion but they will set pool and then come back a week later. The excavator told me they would have completed 10 pools by this time of the year and they have completed only 5. So schedules are totally disrupted.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you head a "different direction" and what is that direction?
So, my property is about 80’ wide and 280’ long. We were originally going to put that pool lengthwise in our backyard. When we laid it out I just didn’t like the way it filled up the yard and it would limit how we could finish off the yard with fencing, decking, etc

We went with a free form pool 14’ x 28’ instead. I loved that pool and the features it had though, you should be very happy.

thanks for the info!

Are you all done? Love to see a picture. Always nice to see peoples backyard paradise as they call it here.

Unfortunately, the pool hasn’t arrived yet? It was due April 5th but has been indefinitely delayed at this point due to supply chain issues. That’s why I was curious as to your time frame for ordering and receiving the pool.

hownis your build going? Do you have any updated pictures?

Unfortunately, the pool hasn’t arrived yet? It was due April 5th but has been indefinitely delayed at this point due to supply chain issues. That’s why I was curious as to your time frame for ordering and receiving the pool.

hownis your build going? Do you have any updated pictures?
Pool Base stone put down and leveled. Town comes to inspect that and then pool shell comes on Thursday. Pics to follow tomorrow. Exciting stuff like a picture of the base and a picture of the backfill stone, LOL.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you get your pool? Please post pics! I ordered in March of 2021. Was supposed to get it in August. Imagine Pools has pushed it back twice. Once in September and now in October. I bought the Illusion 40.

Wow, love your big flat green yard!!! Will be following closely.

The back fill is supposed to be #57 I think, is that what yours is?

Make sure they fill with stone and water together so it's balanced and nothing bows.
I believe it is as the inspector said its the right stuff. I just ran out to take a handful of it and take a picture for you. Looked to be same as the base but maybe I am wrong. Looks to be the same as the base to me. Here it is. IMG_4176.jpg

I feel handy today which pales in comparison to so many of you on here. But when my downspout drain line was cut for the excavation my gutters are draining into a temporary spot where the pipe was cut in another part of the yard. So the hole fills up quickly during rain and from my sump pump that fed into the drain line as well. Well I took a bucket drilled some holes all around it, zip tied some landscape fabric around it and put a new submersible pump in the bucket and pump out that water to a better spot where it can drain until they dig and place a new 6" drain line that will be buried around the pool and run 180 feet to daylight. Holy Crud pvc is expensive now. But here is my basic handiwork you all can make fun of me with along with our crappy NJ shale Crud soil we have (ancient ocean left over). IMG_4175.jpg

Forgot the skimmer is here. The leisure pool is designed for one skimmer and unfortunately its sort of upwind but we get wind from several directions where I am. I asked about a second skimmer and PB wasn't sure how they would do it with spa and tanning ledge on on other end and wasn't sure a on the sides would be great and they have not installed one on the Leisure Ultimate other than the designed spot on the shell. This is our plumbing info:
Plumbing Filtration Elements (Pool)

o (1) skimmer with 2” SCH40 PVC suction line to pool equipment pad
o (2) VGB-approved main drains with 2” SCH40 PVC suction line to pool equipment pad o (3) directional returns with 2” SCH40 PVC return lines to pool equipment pad
o (5) Jandy Never Lube valves for above mentioned lines

Plumbing Filtration Elements (Spa):
o (2) VGB-approved main drains with 2” SCH40 PVC suction line to pool equipment pad
o (4) spa jet combo air/water returns with choice of rotational, massage or twin-spin internals o (1) directional return with 2” SCH40 PVC return lines to pool equipment pad
o (3) Jandy Never Lube valves for above mentioned lines

He said with auto-cover closed during evening and when not swimming circulation should be good and skimming should be good. The only thing I worry about is the comments people have made if your skimmer goes down your sol with only one.

IMG_4139.jpegIMG_4140.jpegIMG_4141.jpeg

Well the build has stalled for 12 days. The PB is coming back tomorrow to install main drains, returns and skimmer. I have a about a foot of water in pool and the spa about halfway filled. As I worried with this years build, the water in the pool is total algae now. Pool has not been filled or backfilled yet. They will install main drains and the PB told me that those will have to be inspected before they can backfill much further. So 12 days went by with no activity as they bounce back to complete other jobs as long awaited equipment, supplies etc come through. A bummer and disappointing but will post what progress is made tomorrow.

Reactions: Apsuhead
Good luck! You are getting closer. We had our fiberglass pool installed last Dec and have really enjoyed it this summer. Water chemistry has been a breeze with the help of TFP 👍

Well the build has stalled for 12 days. The PB is coming back tomorrow to install main drains, returns and skimmer. I have a about a foot of water in pool and the spa about halfway filled. As I worried with this years build, the water in the pool is total algae now. Pool has not been filled or backfilled yet. They will install main drains and the PB told me that those will have to be inspected before they can backfill much further. So 12 days went by with no activity as they bounce back to complete other jobs as long awaited equipment, supplies etc come through. A bummer and disappointing but will post what progress is made tomorrow.
Add 5 ppm chlorine daily and brush it around.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.