Fiberglass Pool with Vinyl Liner

Apr 5, 2020
Magnolia, TX
Hey all! I bought a house last year with a new pool, it had been build 6 months before we purchased the home. We were told by the previous owners that it was a fiberglass pool with a vinyl liner. I’m having trouble finding any info on this combination. All I can find is info on one or the other or fiberglass vs liner. Is anyone familiar with this combo and if so does it affect how I should care for my pool? Also, it’s a saltwater pool. We had a pool guy for the first year but I want to take over maintenance as I’m now home with my kids. Any advice or pointer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Not really a big deal one way or the other from a chemical maintenance standpoint. Our Recommended Levels page (link in my signature) will help either way. It's not uncommon to see a vinyl pool with Fiberglass steps. If the entire shell is FG and someone had a vinyl liner placed over it, perhaps the gelcoat was cosmetically compromised, so the vinyl was cheaper than having it gelcoated. You can try to post some pics for us. Maybe we can tell. Either way, stick around and make sure to review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry for good starter info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.