Fiberglass Pool Return Question

Yev

Jul 29, 2014
Independence, KY
I am the proud owner of a vinyl lined pool, been using TFP, great results, complete happiness. But I have a friend who is getting ready to buy a fiberglass pool, and I am trying to help out. There are some things that seem off to me, wanted to know what everyone here thought about them.

First, the pool is this one Monaco - Latham Pools
16x40, diving type shell, guess 20K gallons.

By default, and per the PB, the pool only has 1 skimmer, and either 1 or 3 returns. the confusion is that per the diagram there are 2 returns in the shallow end in the middle of the stairs. the shallow end of this pool is simply a 16' wide staircase, so these might be bubblers versus returns, but not sure of this.

If you want to look at an image to explain this better, click here https://www.wvpool.com/assets/monaco-installation-guide.pdf
go to the very last part of page 9/9 and you will see the map.

I think that the pool should have at least 1 more return out in the swimming area/deep end, maybe 2 more. The PB is telling my friend that it is unnecessary, and that there are diminishing returns with extra returns.
Can anyone here weigh in on this based upon having more experience.

Also, fiberglass pool, yes or no on main drains?

I have a fiberglass pool, not this one but one by Leisure Pools. The diagram on page 9 is very similar to what I have, and at least for me, it works fine. Your friend will get the best results if he puts the skimmer on the downwind end of the pool so that the wind will help blow debris to the skimmer side. Again, that is how I have it and it seems to work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.