fiberglass pool leak detection

gwtw

Apr 23, 2018
Kentucky
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
​My inground fiberglass pool is leaking approximately an inch a day with the pump on or with the pump off according to several bucket tests. My pool pro couldn’t find the source of the leak after dye testing my pool, so American Leak Detection is coming to our house today to pressure test the returns and check for leaks in the underground plumbing, equipment, skimmer, light, fittings, and main drain. They claim that they can test all of these things without having to dive into the pool. If I want them to dive into the pool and look for leaks, it will cost an additional $275 but they claim this isn’t usually necessary with fiberglass pools. If I have a leak in my light, skimmer, main drain or on the floor of the pool, can they find it with their specialized equipment without getting into the pool like they claim?

Let us know how it turns out and what their fancy equipment is able to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.