Fiberglass pool install has gone awry - Looking for Leisure Pools brand installation manual or guidelines

I was kind of holding off mentioning this. But I agree. Hopefully my opinion counts with some experience in this area. I can also see two sides to this story, as it could vary greatly depending on the dealer agreement and the product sold. Im a part owner/silent partner of a franchise for multiple brands (New/used vehicle sales, service, and parts) The OEM's couldn't care less what we do until we do something that might jeopardize their image. People have called or written to corporate to report us, 99.9% of the time its a customer who absolutely isn't rational and the OEMs understand this and handle it without doing anything to us. The reps and us usually laugh about it in the end.

If we did however do something that was bad the OEM would punish us. Often a customer would never know. Could be a simple slap on the wrist (small fine or just a strongly worded letter from legal), to reducing our allocations (happening with some dealer brands charging over MSRP), or if severe enough revoking the franchise (only saw this once and it was a dealer abusing their inventory floor plan which also involved criminal charges). However we dont install the product, just PDI, put gas in and sell it. If it has a defect it is the manufacture that is usually responsible, but up to us as the dealer to remedy it, and we are compensated by the OEM to handle the problem. Usually with some good will thrown to the customer for missing the problem ourselves in PDI.

But thats just it here, this isn't a manufacture defect or mistake, so its not a manufacture problem. This would be the equivalent of us selling you a vehicle without oil and your engine blows and we refuse to fix it saying nothing is wrong. While I am surprised Leisure wasn't more supportive and that they should be concerned a dealer is misrepresenting their brand. But I think the approach to blame them was/is wrong. As all they truly are is the manufacture of the product to be installed, which ultimately they have no control over. If Leisure wanted to be proactive they should send a rep out and inspect the product and inform the dealer where they installed wrong and how to remedy.

Unfortunately I dont see them being this proactive as "pools are selling big one bad egg wont ruin us" so they've washed their hands of this. But ultimately even if your builder is a "certified" installer mentioned on Leisures website, this is 100% a you and your builder issue. Involving leisure is complicating things. They're a large corporation and have big expensive lawyers, who made sure to always be well shielded of this, and had nothing to do with what has gone wrong on your build. The only argument you may have and its a thin one is that they should have vetted the dealer more, trained him or her better, etc. But I'm sure those big expensive lawyers have a 25 page disclaimer on why that doesn't matter and that you agreed to when you purchased their product. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully this matter is straightened out. There are lots of these stories going around these days unfortunately. Almost had my own but skirted that thankfully without too much cost to my pocket book or my build. Some aren't so lucky. I wish the OP Good luck to a speedy and not to stressful solution.
Interesting opinion and I get your point of view. I have a different angle on it which I am not revealing on this forum as I know Leisure has lurkers. IMO, classless and unethical move by Leisure to disavow, but at least I know what I am dealing with now.

Can i ask who the installer was? I was considering doing a Leisure Pool but whats happening to you is exactly what I was worried about. Do you mind sharing? I am so sorry this is what you are dealing with.
I am in South Carolina, so no way it could be the same person/company in LA. At any rate, be very wary of Leisure Pools. Their marketing is top notch (scam), but their product support and service are nonexistent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.