Fiberglass install in OKC

Jun 9, 2018
Okc/OK
After doing a lot of research we decided to pull the trigger on a pool recently. We are going with the fiberglass pool mostly for ease of cleaning, and the quick turnaround to get it installed. We talked to six different installers here in the city, and settled on one that we felt the most comfortable with. We chose the “Pleasure Island” design by San Juan pools which is 14,000 gallons at just under 6 foot at the deepest spot. We didn’t want a real “deep end”, or diving board, and liked the barstools and other features of the pool. They are scheduled to come next Wednesday to start the dig, and said if there aren’t any big setbacks, we should be swimming within 10 days to 2 weeks from then.

This installer uses all Jandy equipment which seems ok from what I’ve read. I am upgrading to a 2.5 HP variable speed pump, and 400k BTU natural gas heater. He does salt water on all his installs, but I need to verify what size that is. He will be installing some deck jets around the pool, as well as some jets in the ledge area and around the barstools. He is going to do a salt rock finish on the concrete to give it a little character. I had never seen that before, but it looks pretty cool. He will be putting in a water feature wall similar to the one in the picture below with led’s in it, but I haven’t decided exactly where that will go. I’m also having them put in umbrella holders in the deck all around the pool. There will be a natural gas fire pit built as well. We have already changed the layout from what it looked like in the pics below, we decided to push it out another five feet or so. I still have time to make other changes, but hopefully I’ve thought of everything. Unfortunately we are going to have to move the trees that are currently on either side of it, and the arborist isn’t sure if they will make it or not with the weather we have right now. Thanks for looking!

PI2.jpg
pool.jpg
PI3.jpg
Layout.jpg
Layout2.jpg

We love our fiberglass pool, and it is easy to take care of!

I'm just wondering....why so close to the house? I'd suggest a few feet out which may give the trees more of a chance, and also allow the pool splashes to not be hitting on the porch where folks might be sitting. You seem to have plenty of play room in the yard.

Maddie :flower:

We love our fiberglass pool, and it is easy to take care of!

I'm just wondering....why so close to the house? I'd suggest a few feet out which may give the trees more of a chance, and also allow the pool splashes to not be hitting on the porch where folks might be sitting. You seem to have plenty of play room in the yard.

Maddie :flower:

Unfortunately we have an easement that runs through our yard that we can't get into. It's frustrating because we have almost 2 acres, but we have to put the pool right up by the house. We are moving it out about five feet from where it shows in the pictures I posted, so i think it will be ok.

agreed get it away from the house as far as you can. If you are making room for a deck on the backside just increase the short end deckspace and leave enuff room to walk around the backside if possible. most pools have 1 area for large decking its nice to have 2 areas even if you can only get loungers in there or a bar top setup. 5 feet is gonna help alot the way its pictured is just too close. that stinks w the easement hope it comes out well.

agreed get it away from the house as far as you can. If you are making room for a deck on the backside just increase the short end deckspace and leave enuff room to walk around the backside if possible. most pools have 1 area for large decking its nice to have 2 areas even if you can only get loungers in there or a bar top setup. 5 feet is gonna help alot the way its pictured is just too close. that stinks w the easement hope it comes out well.

I need to get new pics after we moved it. We decided to add decking out another 10 feet or so as well, so there should be quite a bit of space. We are also decking all of the area to the right of it as well.

Looks like it will turn out awesome. Boomer Sooner!

Thanks man, football season is close!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice design, I had no idea they made fiberglass pools with those features (bar stools). I hope our plaster is somewhat smooth, we used to have a fiberglass pool and loved the feel of it.

Yeah we thought that was pretty cool. I had originally thought about digging out a bar area on the outside that you could have barstools outside of as well, but it didn't end up working out.

Looks like it will be a nice setup.

My one suggestion is when you move the trees, move them as far away as possible. You will regret them being close down the road due to debris. I'm glad you increased the deck space. It may seem like like you now have a lot but it will be perfect or too small, based on what most everyone experiences.

They finally got started! Got the hole dug yesterday and dropped off some rock this morning. The shell is supposed to be here next Thursday so they will be able to get it in then. Can’t seem to add any pics for some reason though.

Can’t seem to add any pics for some reason though.
Uh oh. You might be at your newbie photo upload limit. You can either use a 3rd party site to copy & paste the BB code here, or become a TFP supporter (Link at top and in my sig) for personal image storage (gallery).

Do you mind saying who your builder is? I looked around at a couple fiberglass installers in the OKC area but the ones I found were either booked til October or I didn't get a good feeling from them. I ended up signing a contract with leisure pools factory direct and should start the install in September.

Uh oh. You might be at your newbie photo upload limit. You can either use a 3rd party site to copy & paste the BB code here, or become a TFP supporter (Link at top and in my sig) for personal image storage (gallery).

That makes sense, I'll try again. Thanks!

Do you mind saying who your builder is? I looked around at a couple fiberglass installers in the OKC area but the ones I found were either booked til October or I didn't get a good feeling from them. I ended up signing a contract with leisure pools factory direct and should start the install in September.

We ended up going with Loch Ness Pools. We first talked to them at the end of June, and we should already be swimming by what they told us initially. They are a small company that only has a big enough crew to do one at a time, and ran into issues on one that pushed everyone back. I don't know how you avoid things like that unless you get it written into the contract that they have to hit certain dates, but I didn't find anyone that would do that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.