Fiberglass Coated Concrete Pool

No less use of chemicals (excluding start up) with a fiberglass pool versus plaster.

Eventually there are surface issues with all pool types. Fiberglass gel coat degrades and can get chalky, spider crack, etc. So there is no panacea.

My parents have a pool that they resurfaced with fiberglass about 8 years ago. I don't really like it. For one thing, the surface is very slippery. Maybe there is some kind of coating to avoid that, but no one is going to be jogging in that pool -- unless you like to jog in place? Also, it is starting to get to the point where it needs to have a new gel coat applied. That being said, my parents are happy with it.

Have you checked out these? 19fX - Swim Spa + Hot Tub - Jacuzzi Hot Tubs of Portland

What I do is no impact aquajogging, suspended in the water wearing an Aquajogger. So it is deep water running, my feet don't touch the ground. The depth to do this in a small pool has been the issue--we are trying to go for the lowest volume of water that we can get so we can keep it about 90 degrees without breaking the bank.So far we've come up with 6,732 gallons as the figure that will work with the right width, length, and depth.

- - - Updated - - -

We have looked at the swim spas, but most are not deep enough. What I do is non impact aqua jogging. Swimex makes them customizable, but they are very, very expensive-the model we looked at would cost over $47,000 and we would have to have a pit dug and lined with concrete as well as tthe other work needed (electrical, etc), so it would almost be like paying twice for a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.