FIBER TO LED CONVERSION QUESTIONS

SCS15

Feb 10, 2018
Mahopac, NY
Good morning all
Looking for assistance on converting my fiber lights to led. I purchased the sr smith pt6002 and 4 Kelo led lights. I have a in ground vinyl liner pool. I am confident with the wiring but my question is regarding the install of the actual leds. My existing fiber lights have a trim around them with 4 screws. Does that come off and the Kelo lights just screw in to the niche or does that trim stay in place? I wanted to be sure before pumping out water and finding out it doesn’t work. The descriptions online say the lights work with vinyl pools. I can post a picture when I get home if I didn’t describe it well. Every install video I see shows a gunite pool without that trim piece with screws. Thanks for an assistance.

Scs15, those Kelo lights are designed to screw into a 1.5” threaded PVC pipe…AND, that cavity has to be fairly deep, about 3 inches. I can’t tell for sure but is that compatible with what you have currently? I have the Treos which are similar to the Kelos.

Here is the description and picture from sr smith:

Thanks for your reply!

I attempted today and they didn’t work unfortunately.
Found out the conduit behind the threaded opening is only about 1.25”.
Does anyone know if the mod-lites would be compatible, also best place to find them for sale?

Thanks all

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.