Bronze Supporter
Jul 31, 2021
So Cal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our pool is just a few months old. We have a dedicated booster pump and another dedicated feature pump (cascades). The startup guy set both pumps to run daily for two minutes -- just to keep water flowing in those pipes and through those pumps (makes sense to me).

Would love the TFP guru thoughts on:
1) What's the minimum I can run a feature pump daily - recommendations?
2) Does it have to be daily? OR maybe weekly?

(If you're wondering why I would prefer to run less -- it's really for the feature. I have terribly hard water and the drips from the daily runs in the winter when not much sun have led to increased rate of calcium build-up. So the less I can run the feature pump, the less calcium I'll have to deal with!)

Thanks!

I run my features at least 3 times a week to keep water flushed through them. Could realistically back off to once a week, I think. I winterize my features from late October to March, just so it is one less thing I need to worry about.

--Jeff

This time of year you can run your feature pump once a week for a few minutes to flush the line.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to dial back from 7 days a week to 3 days and then maybe even 2 days.

Booster is for jets, other pump is for 2 x 24" casacdes

How many minutes is sufficient?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.