RTeen

Aug 8, 2022
Turkey
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I am quite focused on the FC CYA discussions these days.

My question is since CYA is binding chlorine is the FC I am measuring with my test kit whatever not bound by CYA or it measures the whole chlorine?

If it shows unbound chlorine how do I know if total chlorine minus free chlorine is due to CYA or bound sweat for example?

Thanks

I am quite focused on the FC CYA discussions these days.

My question is since CYA is binding chlorine is the FC I am measuring with my test kit whatever not bound by CYA or it measures the whole chlorine?

If it shows unbound chlorine how do I know if total chlorine minus free chlorine is due to CYA or bound sweat for example?

Thanks

It measures both free chlorine and chlorine bound to cya. The combined chlorine test will measure chloramines which is chlorine being "used up" by organics.

TFP has a great video on the concept you’re interested in here. Joyful Noise does a great job covering the concepts specifically at about 4:20 -10:00 ish, but I’d recommend you watch the whole video for a thorough dive in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.