sbhuta

Apr 24, 2018
Phoenix/AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,

Is there an average FC loss overnight?

I have removed using tablets/pucks. Hence, I am adding 12-20oz liquid chlorine every day depending on the Pool Math app.

I did the OCLT test and the loss of FC was around 0.2-0.4. The pool looks great. I will run the OCLT test again.

In 24 hours I see a loss of 2-3ppm FC.

Numbers below:

1. FC:- 5.5
2. CC:- 0
3. pH:- 7.4
4. CH:- 80
5. CYA:- 50
6. TA:- 120

Its 100+ degrees

A loss of 3 ppm or so each day is very good for Phoenix. Maintain your FC in the target range for your CYA and you will have a clear, clean, and sanitary pool.

Thanks !! All! I am much relieved.

My only concern now is the CH, which is low. I believe I was told to use Cal Hypo or buy CH increased. Any particular brand for each I should buy? Cal Hypo comes in granular form but I have no idea how to sue it.

That is very low CH for Phoenix water. Have you tested your tap water?

If it is really 80 ppm, then raise it to 250 ppm. No higher.

I did test my tap water and the CH was 10-20.
Cal Hypo or Calcium Increaser.

If its normal to use 3-4 PPM a day, that means I need to put in half a gallon a day. Thats like 3 gallons a week.

how damaging it is to use pucks? Can we just use like a single puck instead of 3 at a time?

Do you have a water softener? That sounds like water from a softener.

Pucks will add CYA. Each puck you add to your pool is 4.6ppm FC and 2.8 ppm CYA. As the CYA rises, the FC needed will rise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.