Prosper, TX (DFW)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The FC/CYA chart is simple and easy to read for most of the posters, but I have seen several posters recently mis-read the chart. Mainly targeting the "Minimum FC" as their goal for some reason or being scared to go above the upper limits of the target FC levels. Since that chart is fundamental to TFP, is there a way to make it easier to read especially at first glance for a new poster?

Here is a crude excel table, but maybe something like this?

1597153681578.png

I like it!!!!! Can you make that sheet a PDF and post it? It may be easier to file then as a picture. Many thanks for thinking of this. Great idea.

Thanks. I still think it needs a more professional touch, but attached is the pdf version. I was really trying to get people over the fear of their max target FC, but I see your point on safe to swim and tried to adjust on these versions.

Attachments

• ChlorineCYA Chart Color v2.pdf
    421.1 KB · Views: 28
Thanks. I still think it needs a more professional touch, but attached is the pdf version. I was really trying to get people over the fear of their max target FC, but I see your point on safe to swim and tried to adjust on these versions.
I think you have done great but here are some possible additions
You have a RED vertical bar to left - what if you put another RED bar on the right side and had in it the data >x (x being the SLAM level for that CYA. The clarifies greater than SLAM FC is not good to swim. The RED bars then puts low & high parameters on no swimming.
The SLAM level are in BLUE, what if you changed that to light green (similar to the light green you have to the right of minimum FC. This indicates still safe to swim but caution. Alternatively you could make it YELLOW. Then you would have RED, YELLOW, GREEN, YELLOW, RED across the chart.

If I was not retired I would send this to my graphics guru to help but no can do that anymore.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.