Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,
I am a convert to the TFP method. Pool is looking good. However, I need to SLAM the pool and therefore ordered the FAS/DPD test kit. It arrived today, I'm excited about getting this SLAM going, but the directions say to add a "heaping scoop" of the powder. The online directions say to use the included 'dipper'. My kit has: A chlorine only bottle, the R0870 container, the R-0871 bottle, and the R-003bottle. What is the 'dipper? Should it have come with my kit? And in the absence of this, can someone tell me what a 'heaping scoop" is? (e.g 1 tsp?????) what? Silly to have paid for a kit without a dipper? But am I missing something here?

This is the dipper: TFTestkits.net

If it is missing and you got your test from TF Testkits, contact them and they will rectify the situation right away. If you ordered from another source you will need to take it up with them. In the meantime the amount of powder used for a 5 ml sample is about the size of a small pea or the tip of a sharpie, if that gives you a useful idea. Much, much less than a teaspoon.

Where did you buy the kit? If from tftestkits.net I think there should have been a scoop (little blue thing).

It is not a big deal, a Popsicle stick or similar would work. The amount is like a small BB, much less than pea size. Just add enough that the sample turns a nice pink to start. You can not add too much, but too little could make the end point a little harder to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Note in the picture that was just linked to the scoop is the small far end, not the flat wider handle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.