Fairhope

gybe99

Apr 10, 2017
Fairhope, AL
Site looks like a great source!
New pool owner in Fairhope, AL. I intend to maintain myself. Hopefully info on the pool will show up in my signature. Pool should be complete in the next week to (10) days. I am ready to pool the trigger with testing kits:
TF100 Bundle
Speedstir
XL Option
K1766
Buying online from TFTesting (unless someone recommends a better source).
Look forward to "DIVING IN" & seeing what we have gotten ME into.IMG_1189.jpg
Thanks

Welcome to the forum:wave:

We'll offer any chemistry help you might need. I have a dog in the fight, but the TF-100 remains the best value in pool testing you can get.

What kind of decking will you use? was your backfill against the walls dirt or rock?

EDIT: Pool looks bigger than 5600 gal.....is that just an illusion

We are going to do the 16"x24" Travertine coping and start off bringing grass right up to it. If this becomes too much of a headache, we will add pavers, but I like the natural look. Also have been talked into black interior finish. Thoughts?
Please check my figures 10'x15'x5' (4'10") = 750x7.5= 5600, correct?
thanks

I would add the whale wall brush to the mix. It is great for brushing plaster pools.

The black finish MIGHT mottle. The darker the finish the bigger the chances of it. It really depends on the skills of the installers.

Kim:kim:

IMG_1248.jpgOk, builder had maintenance for the first six weeks and that has just ended. I have been testing from the beginning to learn how, but haven't added any chemicals yet. Last nite I did all the tests:
Sodium Chloride 4400
TC 5
pH 8.2
FC 5
CC 0-.5
CH 375
TA 170
CYA 20
throwing these into Pool Math I get:
Add 27 oz calcium chloride dihydrate & 107 oz liquid stabilizer.
getting ready to make a Walmart run for these items. Anyone care to look over my shoulder/suggestions/concerns would be GREATLY appreciated.
thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is a link for you:

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Looking at that chart you do not need to add any more CH right now.

You need some muratic acid to get your PH down.

Once everything evens out we will work on getting your TA down but that is the last thing we work on.

Make sure to keep a good log of your test results so you can start to see patterns for your pool.

Kim:kim:

With those numbers you are guaranteed to scale your SWG cell and the pool walls. Pool School - Calcium Scaling

Manage your pH and TA such that you keep CSI between -0.3 and 0 to prevent scale in your SWG cell and your pool. PoolMath will give you your CSI number after you enter all your test results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support