Failure-prone Globrites - updated design coming?

petepool

Bronze Supporter
Sep 1, 2019
NJ
We all know the issues with the failure prone Globrites. I have 4 in my pool and all have failed one by one since the pool was built 3 years ago. Thankfully all have been replaced under the new pool warranty, but worried about the ripoff price when they fail again.

The last pool guy who came out to swap the final globrite under warranty mentioned he does work with Pentair and they are testing a new design for the Globrites. I hadn't seen that mentioend on the forum so I am somewhat skeptical - either he was trying to appear knowledgeable or just misinformed. Has anyone heard about this or have contacts at Pentair to inquire about this?

Reactions: HermanTX
Pentair has three model Microbrite lights in an adapter or a Microbright adapter that will fit into the GloBright niche. The 618040 MicroBrite-to-GloBrite adaptor installs onto any MicroBrite Light and allows it to be mounted into a GloBrite Niche or a ColorVision Bubble. Pentair also offers a MicroBrite-G light kit (item # 620166) which comes as a MicroBrite, color light along with the adapter but only in 150’ foot cord length.

• WarmWhite LED, for installation in Pentair GloBrite Niche or Pentair ColorVision Bubbler - 602167
  • White LED, for installation in Pentair GloBrite Niche or Pentair ColorVision Bubbler - 602165
  • Color LED, for installation in Pentair GloBrite NIche or Pentair ColorVision Bubbler - 602166
  • Adapter allows a MicroBrite light to be installed into a Pentair GloBrite Niche or Pentair Colorvision Bubbler. - 618040

Last edited:
We all know the issues with the failure prone Globrites. I have 4 in my pool and all have failed one by one since the pool was built 3 years ago. Thankfully all have been replaced under the new pool warranty, but worried about the ripoff price when they fail again.

The last pool guy who came out to swap the final globrite under warranty mentioned he does work with Pentair and they are testing a new design for the Globrites. I hadn't seen that mentioend on the forum so I am somewhat skeptical - either he was trying to appear knowledgeable or just misinformed. Has anyone heard about this or have contacts at Pentair to inquire about this?
Yes was told by Pentair the the newly designed lights were available December 2023. .I have had my globebrites fail twice. Pentair is sending me the new model lights for free, but they will not pay for installation.