Eyeballs - HELP!

Mam262

Bronze Supporter
Jul 26, 2015
Lansdale, PA
Hello,

My pool was finished last fall and closed by my builder. I opened the pool today and for the life of me can not get the eyeballs back in. I have banged on them so hard to get them back into the wall returns I am afraid I am going to break them. Does anyone have any tips or should I consider replacing them with a different type?

The pic on the left shows part of it unscrewed and the pic on the right shows them fully assembled.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 100
Mam,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for new pool owners... :snorkle:

Just wanted to say hi, but I can't help with this particular question.

I had not see eyeballs like yours until last week where one of our members reported have the opposite problem..

His eyeballs would pop out anytime his pump ran above 1800 RPM... :thumbdown:

I'll contact him and see if he can chime in here..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I am the member Jim was referring to. Unfortunately as he mentioned, my problem is the opposite. Have you tried using a rubber mallet? Are the return pipes currently under water or is the water level lower than them since you are just opening it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sanded them down, but unfortunately I sanded one too much and now it won't stay in. The other two fit perfectly now. I believe they are made by Aquastar.

https://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-67692-directional-eyeball-fitting-3-pc-2in-knock-in-with-1-2in-orifice.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ShoppingFeed&utm_term=ProductListingAds&utm_content=AllProducts&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CNqFu-Hol9MCFR2BswodmPsFhQ

does anyone have a recommendation of a replacement eyeball for the I sanded too much or a way I can slightly increase the diameter again so it stays securely? I tried electrical tape but that did not work.

- - - Updated - - -

Prior to sanding them I did try a rubber mallet and lube. They are below the water level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.