Extreme learning curve Please HELP!!!!

Hello everybody. I have been busy adding a new Griddle with air fryers in the pool house, so that's why I did not have time to post pics or test results. It was about 9:30 before I finished putting the trim boards around it. I still have to install the propane tank under the cabinet when I get home this evening. Pool is still cloudy but getting there. FC=16 and CYA=40. I have included pics of the new addition to the pool house, and will post more pics of everything as we get it cleaned up, but its really coming together. I'm looking forward to this summer of fun. especially since it looks like the family will be spending more time at home this summer with the COVID19 Pandemic and everything....Oh yea I added a new avatar too...What do y'all think?

Attachments

• IMG_9273 (002).jpg
    IMG_9273 (002).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9274 (002).jpg
    IMG_9274 (002).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9275 (002).jpg
    IMG_9275 (002).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9277 (002).jpg
    IMG_9277 (002).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9278 (002).jpg
    IMG_9278 (002).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 28
Hey man. When I did my SLAM last year the green stage was promising because there was substantial progress each day. Once I got to the blue-ish part, It seemed to drag on. I vacuumed daily the last few days and each time it made visible progress. Some of the cloudiness was just a reflection of the dead algea / crud that settled on the bottom. Of course vacuuming also stirred up the bottom some, so I made a width wide pass and then a second pass length wide.

Reactions: Beerfloater
Hey man. When I did my SLAM last year the green stage was promising because there was substantial progress each day. Once I got to the blue-ish part, It seemed to drag on. I vacuumed daily the last few days and each time it made visible progress. Some of the cloudiness was just a reflection of the dead algae / crud that settled on the bottom. Of course vacuuming also stirred up the bottom some, so I made a width wide pass and then a second pass length wide.
I have been running the robot at least 2 times a day. It is coming up with some debris, but not much. I can see a difference in clarity every day even though it does not show up in the pics. I can tell because my liner looks like little small pebbles (pic below), and I can see the pebbles in the shallow end good, and can see them partially down the slope so maybe when i get home today I will be able to see the bottom in the deep end. I will get there very very soon.

Attachments

• carmichael_slider4 (1).png
    carmichael_slider4 (1).png
    235.9 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: carnivalday
Im thinking I have a filter problem and thats why its taking so long to get this thing clear. Chlorine levels are good. water is still really cloudy. Was thinking about changing the sand tomorrow. I went and checked to see how much sand is needed. In doing so I discovered my filter is a Hayward with 2.2 square ftfiltration area - Model 210ST. My pool is 24000 gallon pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can not catch a break. Decided to change sand in filter. Took the lid off the pump basket, removed drain cap, unhooked piping, removed multi port valve. Filter still full of water. Nothing coming out of drain. What the heck. Should there not be water draining out of the drain hole where I removed the cap???

Attachments

• 5BA9DCA6-6118-47EB-92E8-57F95C3EC02B.jpeg
    5BA9DCA6-6118-47EB-92E8-57F95C3EC02B.jpeg
    549.8 KB · Views: 29
  • B1F99653-7E37-4810-B568-5A61A3187C57.jpeg
    B1F99653-7E37-4810-B568-5A61A3187C57.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 28
That is odd. You may have to slowly scoop & Shop-vac your way into that filter to see what's going on. Perhaps that sand is plugged & gummed-up with junk which could explain the lack of progress. Good thing you checked.

While in there, be very careful with the laterals and center stand pipe. Also don't forget once you do get everything out and clean, pre-fill the vessel with a good amount of water before dumping sand back in to help prevent damaging the laterals.

That is odd. You may have to slowly scoop & Shop-vac your way into that filter to see what's going on. Perhaps that sand is plugged & gummed-up with junk which could explain the lack of progress. Good thing you checked.

While in there, be very careful with the laterals and center stand pipe. Also don't forget once you do get everything out and clean, pre-fill the vessel with a good amount of water before dumping sand back in to help prevent damaging the laterals.
There is some kinda plug in there. See pics. What a pain in the butt. Had to vac all the water and sand out.

Attachments

• A952AD7B-BAE3-4F80-B9C1-9C8285F49830.jpeg
    A952AD7B-BAE3-4F80-B9C1-9C8285F49830.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 32
  • D747F3C6-1B34-48B8-ABE7-3FA91A54EB63.jpeg
    D747F3C6-1B34-48B8-ABE7-3FA91A54EB63.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 31
I use a shop-vac on mine. What a mess this whole thing has been. Here is hoping this will speed things up! Good job!!

One day your pool will be trouble free.............sigh............hopefully sooner rather than later!!

I use a shop-vac on mine. What a mess this whole thing has been. Here is hoping this will speed things up! Good job!!

One day your pool will be trouble free.............sigh............hopefully sooner rather than later!!
The sand in the bottom under the laterals was hard. I think this has been the issue for a while. If not I’m thinking about filling this Dang thing in and making a go kart track. Lol:brickwall:

that is a filter on the plug, well a screen i just stuck the end of the hose on mine cleared it out and it drained, the latererals come out and can be replaced, they just turn out. the whole pipe assembly will come out, clean everything good try to get all sand out if you take the laterals out it makes it easer to put back together, I put new sand in mine. I can post pics if you need them I have the same setup

Make sure to check every piece for cracks. splits and such. When you go to add the sand back in put a cup over the hole/lateral pipe so NO sand goes down there. Hand place the first bit of sand until the laterals are covered. Then add in some water THEN the rest of the sand.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: crushkittykitty
that is a filter on the plug, well a screen i just stuck the end of the hose on mine cleared it out and it drained, the latererals come out and can be replaced, they just turn out. the whole pipe assembly will come out, clean everything good try to get all sand out if you take the laterals out it makes it easer to put back together, I put new sand in mine. I can post pics if you need them I have the same setup
Thanks. I took everything out & cleaned. Put in new sand. Think we are good now...

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.