Extended test directions issue - broken links

Looking for the CYA dilution test has gotten me in and endless loop many times.

I suspect the issue is where you’re clicking……
Even better than that. There is no 'read more' to click so we click the green banners and it redirects us to the top. It will fool us again and again because we won't remember that next month.

That page has had that UI glitch for a long time. It has confused a lot of people over the years.

The green box and text should not be a link you can click on.

You have a 50/50 chance of clicking on the correct line.

Except for the OTO Test which has a Read More link at the bottom.

That page is a UI mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude and proavia
Clicking on the name of the parameter works 👍🏻 So maybe just make that highlighted in blue like every other linked wordage on the site?

TIL the subject heading in regular text is a clickable link, while the green-should-be-the-link is also clickable, but is not the link.

I don't stand a chance some days.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Old thread, I know.

This behaviour occurs not just in the extended test kit directions. It keeps getting me.

Other examples:

Having the chapter names (like "How To") as links linking to themselves in the article lists, doesn't really make sense. It only makes sense in the articles themselves, to get you back to the article list.

I think, the links should just get removed from the coloured text boxes, and the article names (that contain the correct links to the actual articles) should be highlighted in the blue typically used for links. The link back to the the article list inside the articles can stay.

For example:

Screenshot_20221004-083852-126.png

Screenshot_20221004-083957-900.png

I don’t totally disagree with the statement that it’s odd behavior, but…………

TFP uses an “off the shelf” theme to display that info and while we could customize it to work perfect, it would involve some changes to things that likely would need to be done almost every time we update. Now that things have started to slow down some for the off-season I may bounce some ideas off some individuals to see about altering this behavior somewhat, but I’m not sure where we’ll end up at. I did make some minor changes to the Extended Test category to at least make it mirror the other categories, but for the current time being it’s something I’m weighing pros and cons on in my head.

Reactions: mgtfp
I don’t totally disagree with the statement that it’s odd behavior, but…………

TFP uses an “off the shelf” theme to display that info and while we could customize it to work perfect, it would involve some changes to things that likely would need to be done almost every time we update. Now that things have started to slow down some for the off-season I may bounce some ideas off some individuals to see about altering this behavior somewhat, but I’m not sure where we’ll end up at. I did make some minor changes to the Extended Test category to at least make it mirror the other categories, but for the current time being it’s something I’m weighing pros and cons on in my head.

I agree that it's not a super urgent issue, I'm sure there are many issues that are more important.

Just some odd behaviour that seems to confuse people from time to time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.