Nov 14, 2015
Los Angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

I have a K2006 test kit that's 4 years old. I left it in a covered storage box outside. How do I know if it is expired? How often do you buy new test kits even if you didn't use up all the reagent?

Most reagents are good for 1 year, two at most. If kept in a climate controlled area.

You need a full refill set or new kit. Your signature says you have a TF100. TFTestkits.net sells full refill sets for that kit.

Reactions: Nomnomnom
Hi,

I have a K2006 test kit that's 4 years old. I left it in a covered storage box outside. How do I know if it is expired? How often do you buy new test kits even if you didn't use up all the reagent?
There should be expiration date on the reagent bottles. 4 years old is probably best to get new reagents.

Also, if I was thinking about converting to SWG, which test kit would be best for that? Or would I just buy a salt test kit separately? I've read here that Aquachek strips and 1766 drops are popular. Which is preferred?

The easiest thing to do is buy the TFPro-Salt from TFTestkits.net. Has a great case, build in SmartStir, and has the Salt test reagents. All in one package.

Tftestkits has a K-2006 refill. These are bigger bottles than the ones that come with the K-2006 but you can pop the tops off the bottles and pour into the original K-2006 bottles (once you dump the old reagents). Complete Refill Set Taylor K-2006

Otherwise if you don't have a Speedstir or Smartstir as @mknauss indicated you're probably best off getting the TFPro-Salt kit.

Oops! Sorry I actually have a K2006
If I get a refill test kit, is it better to get tf100 or k2006? Or something else?
I vote the TFPro-salt kit too if you think you are going to get an SWG in the near future.. its got everything you'll need. If the SWG is a ways away, then get the non salt version, you can always add the salt reagents when you need it. The biggest difference between the TF test kits and the K2006 are the proportion of the reagents. The TF test kits have better proportions for residential type testing and what we recommend here on the forum.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.