Expert Critique - New Pool Build Underway in Greenville SC

I had no idea any of those trees would get so large! We were also thinking about replacing the zelkova with a coral bark Japanese maples - sango kaku. They’re beautiful! I agree with you that it would feel more open if we could see outside of our yard. With dogs, we need to keep as much grass as possible. Thank you!

That looks like a nice Japanese maple. Seems like a much better selection for your situation.

It feels like forever (even though it's only been a couple of weeks), but there's a little more activity on my pool. Late yesterday, they installed our equipment! Would you mind taking a look to make sure it looks good for my setup? I appreciate your expertise!

1607105870744.png1607105921035.png
1607105993915.png1607106042407.png
1607106104672.png

Reactions: LuschMommy
Yay! They finally put the coping around the pool and mapped out the concrete! Hopefully, that means the deck will get poured this week, weather permitting. Below is my crude drawing of our backyard. The picture isn't really to scale, but the dimensions of the concrete are accurate. Around the pool, the minimum concrete border is 6 feet and the max is 19 feet. This should give us 2 areas large enough to fit multiple lounge chairs - one by the house and one by the diving board. Do you think this layout is good? I know people always say you can never have enough concrete.........

1611008042570.png

Mother Nature has finally cooperated enough that they can work on our pool again! It's been the longest winter ever. The retaining wall has been built and the pool deck and baja shelf concrete has been poured. They said they have one more grade to do and then install the liner. Yay!

1615296439878.png 1615296501851.png 1615296562567.png

Reactions: bmoreswim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After 5 long months, our pool is finally finished!! We’re so excited and can’t wait for summer! The water in this picture is still cloudy - they just added 10 bags of salt and the top of the water is coated in gross yellow pollen already. I’m hoping to take a picture over the weekend when it’s nice and sunny. Tomorrow, we’re scheduled for “Pool School” with our PB to learn how everything works. :party:
CD56B04A-5341-463A-A67B-D9BE369DB459.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: kimkats and Casey
Don't worry, they won't be the last uninvited guests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.