Experiences with Pentair CCP 520 Replacement from Allfilters.com for $160 ?

rhawke

Bronze Supporter
Nov 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I just saw these. At $160 for a set of 4 vs $400-500 quoted by the local pool store for original pentair filters, I'm wondering, is it too good to be true?

Are there differences in filters (e.g. too restrictive, not fine enough, won't last long) etc. that justify such a big price difference? On Amazon I see many around the $200 range, but probably they are all the same anyway?

Those are not Pentair OEM cartridges which your local pool store is quoting you.

They are not all the same. Low quality cartridges can tear quickly.

Let's see if anyone has good to say about SpiroPure cartridges.

Reactions: rhawke
It truly is amazing how much the prices vary. Just found one for even less, $116 for 4 filters. A part of me wants to just give it a try, but then I think going with @mknauss filters where I know they won't fall apart within 3 months is probably the safer bet, even if they are double the price :ROFLMAO:

i just saw one major difference is that these really cheap ones have plastic caps instead of the rubber. That plastic is probably much more brittle and will break much faster. So I just went ahead and purchased the Optimum recommended by @mknauss. Hopefully they will last another 5.5 years like my current ones did.

Reactions: mknauss and Newdude