Expecting a lot of rain from sally

Should I drain some water from my above ground pool or just let it run over?
If water can spill over without getting trapped between the liner and wall in your set-up, you could probably go either way. If your CYA and/or CH are high, lowering before the rain hits would be the best way to lower them. Good luck!

East of Atlanta here...raining all night...grateful our pool’s overflow pipe...has saved us several times already. I grew up in west Georgia where I hardly remember rain. Seems like since we moved here July 19’ it has rained constantly!! Stay dry everyone!🌧🌧

Reactions: markayash
I let mine fill up then drain, Sometimes things change and it never hits us.
But I am in north Atlanta and raining hard all day and according to radar the hard stuff hasn't arrived yet..I am also concerned about tree's falling after a soaking rain and winds.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Consider buying a rain gauge from Cocorahs. I am a member and report my daily rainfall.

Reactions: Kenai
what does 21" do to your pool? Completely overflowing?
I am draining some of mine out now, it's about a 1/2" from over flowing

well we were smart enough to at least hard pipe from the waste so I can drain it pretty fast. when draining I ran it for an hour and you couldn't tell it was doing any good because it was raining so hard. i ended up draining it three times in a 24 hour period. also we had a ton of leaves in the pool from our neighbors trees. the robot did a great job getting rid of those!

honestly i haven't checked the water. just haven't had time to do it. maybe tomorrow. also got to have some pavers relaid because I stepped on a few and they sank down. no big deal.

Reactions: markayash
We had over 20" of rain and lots of wind. Got my pool cleaned out of debris, and are adjusting the chemicals now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.