pensacola,fl
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
How much water do you all think I should be loosing every other day with an 18 x 36ft pool in direct sunlight. I’ve been loosing more than I think I should be. I’ve already got pool dye and dove the pool using a bunch to make sure and can’t find a leak. BTW I’m in Florida and we been around 90-95 degrees outside. But I noticed the water getting lower a couple months ago. Thank you for any input in this matter!

Warmer summer weather can certainly steal your water. But perhaps even worse is the wind. My pool is 16 x 40 and we've had horrible winds for about 2 weeks now with close to 100 degree temps (and heavy humidity). I can lose about 1/4" in just one day if it's really breezy. Makes me paranoid sometimes.

This time of year is tough. You have warm days with cool nights. Also the humidity is not up yet. That plan any wind that splash mentioned adds to the evaporation. Right now, I am losing about 1/2” per night. I just checked my skimmers and drains to make sure there was not a leak. Once July hits and the overnight temps stop dropping and the humidity is higher the evaporation slows down a lot.

Thank you all for your replies. Allen I appreciate the link, I will deff be reading it. I guess I'm just paranoid about having a leak because its coming time to replace the liner. Thanks again!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.