Erosion Around Pump

aarogb

Apr 15, 2020
Sanford, NC
Hi all,

I am first year pool owner and I have gotten my pool in good working order, but there is another issue that I have noticed that I am trying to take care of. We are starting to have pretty bad erosion around our pool pump and filter base. See attached images.

I was curious if anyone else has had this issue? If so, what has worked to combat it? I have started building a retaining wall around it, and I got about halfway done and I started to wonder if it would really work... (Probably should have asked this question before I started!). Just curious if a retaining wall is the right choice or is there something else I am missing?

Thanks

Aaron

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 17
I would think hard about removing everything from that plastic pad and pouring a proper cement pad before thing go south with the pipes from that pad giving way from the erosion under it. If you do a cement pad you can dig down and make it nice and thick and put up a small lip to keep the rain from washing under it as it comes off the pool deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.