DFW, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My pool is 13 months old and the equipment pad is the pre-fabricated concrete. The ground has settled on one side and the pad actually cracked down the middle. Of the side that is settling is the side with my filter and there is a lean going on with the filter.
Anybody have this problem and what did you do?
If you have any ideas I'm all ears.
Dig out from the side and jack it up some how and shovel a layer of pea gravel and then top soil. Jacking it up will be the hard part.
I need to fix this before I put a fence around it.

I would dig out and place bricks under it before adding gravel. You may be able to raise it or least keep it stable with leverage of a crow bar until you can dig enough to get a brick under it. I would put several bricks in different areas depending on how far you can dig.

I had a similar issue with my AC condenser unit and did the above.

How much pool equipment do you have?

Is your equipment connected with unions?

I would disconnect the equipment, move it out of the way, and pour a concrete pad, which is what should have been done in the beginning. The split unlevel pad will continue to give you problems. Take a bit of time and fix it right.

I would dig out and place bricks under it before adding gravel. You may be able to raise it or least keep it stable with leverage of a crow bar until you can dig enough to get a brick under it. I would put several bricks in different areas depending on how far you can dig.

I had a similar issue with my AC condenser unit and did the above.
I can lift the low pad area up if I empty the filter. It is the back corner near the house that is the worse. So I can support it as I dig out. It's just going to how to permanently support it.

How much pool equipment do you have?

Is your equipment connected with unions?

I would disconnect the equipment, move it out of the way, and pour a concrete pad, which is what should have been done in the beginning. The split unlevel pad will continue to give you problems. Take a bit of time and fix it right.
All I have is VSP, Booster pump, SWG, & Cartridge Filter
Unfortunately the lines coming out of the ground are not connected with unions.
I agree, I should've told them to give me a proper pad.

I should've told them to give me a proper pad.
This is a sore subject for me because I scrapped the 2 $100 preformed pads the PB wanted to use in exchange for a poured pad.

With lots of time waiting for the delayed build, I built a frame from scrap wood I had laying around and added a few inches of crushed gravel. When the time came, the crew filled the pad with leftover wall cement for free, happy to not have to dispose of it.

They didn't sculpt it like they would have had I paid for the pad as an upcharge, but it's plenty flat/level enough. When all was said and done, had I actually paid for the 1/2 yard of cement used, it still would have been cheaper than the preform pads which deteriorate over time. But PBs make it sound like a big deal to charge an extra $500. It costs peanuts when there is already a cement truck in the yard and it's nothing but a PB money grab that many people skip not knowing better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.