Equipment Pad & Electrical Upgrade Advice

kjkurtz

Aug 17, 2021
Saint Paul, MN
We are having our retaining wall near our pool rebuilt this spring and are going to try and clean up the equipment pad at the same time. Right now, the heater and pump are no where near level as they are on deteriorating pads sitting on top of rock. I'd like to start with removing all the equipment and putting a new cement pad underneath it all (any size recommendations?). Also, there seems to be no need for everything to be jammed so close together with no room to work. As you can see, even the pump has some flex pipe because it is so tight where it should be rigid.

After that, it seems like the electrical is a bit of a mess. There are two 20 Amp 240v circuits running to the equipment right now plus a 120v for the outlet. It seems like I could replace all that with a sub panel (probably 50 or 60 Amp?) and clean it all up a bit instead of all the conduit mounted to the siding. Open to suggestions there, but I'm not a huge fan of all the switches the way they are. I thought about installing a Pentair automation system, but potentially overkill? This is in Minnesota so the pool is only open ~4 months a year.

Thanks for any advice!

IMG_2466.jpegIMG_2460.jpegIMG_2467.jpeg

Welcome to TFP.

I would double or triple the length of your equipment pad running it along that retaining wall. Sketch out a layout with from right to left pump -> filter -> heater and give yourself room between the equipment to stand.

The cleaner pump should continue to use flex hose. The cleaner motor vibrates and the flex hose is better at absorbing the vibrations.

What do all the switches control?

Only you can decide if an IntelliCenter with a load center to simplify your electrical setup is overkill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.