Equipment control wiring exposed

M,

You might want to consider running the control cables in some plastic flex tubing such as this stuff from Home Depot:

I would also replace all those clear/white nylon ties with black ones that are UV resistant. The white ones will get brittle and crack from the UV in a year or two. The plastic flex tubing may also fail from sunlight exposure but its cheap and you can replace it when needed.

Where the cables are bound to the pipes you can paint both the pipe and cable with some latex paint to protect both from UV exposure.

-Mark

Last edited:
Those raised black cables between the pumps look like a tripping hazard to me. Either people will trip on them or snag them with a foot and damage them over time. I would wrap that area in tubing or a slit pipe and run it on the ground between the pumps.

I zip tied my actuator valve cables, flow switch wire, temp sensor wire, my salt cell cable and pump control wires to the plumbing like yours is, but I tried to put them under them pipes shielded from the sun. I ran mine along the plumbing to the closest point to my Omnilogic panel then encased them in the wire loom over to the actual panel. I still felt bad about all my equipment being out in the weather and built a roof over it.
20201024_113319.jpg

20210801_145913.jpg

Reactions: MotoB
I agree with tho wiring just awaiting to be tripped on. I will be rerunning all of them once the PB is finished with startup.
I will also be adding some sort of shade structure to cover the equipment.
I am not very happy with any of the electrical organization and will be cleaning up all the wires even inside the IC. Thanks for the input and ideas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.