Endurachlor NC3166 / Solaxx CLG240A SWCG review.

D_in_IA

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 10, 2014
IA
So, 1st post and all that... Long time lurker and pool school student..

Wanted to share a review of the new SWCG that I recently installed since I couldn't really find much info on BlueWave Endurachlor/ Solaxx Reliant SWCG's.

Little background, bought a house that came with a 30' Round AGP ~7 yrs ago. I found TFP after disasters, fiascos & hi-jinks (stories would fill pages).

Made the switch to a SWCG using the TFP methods ~5yrs ago, pool has looked like this ever since.

pool full.jpg

I try to be "frugal" (aka cheap a..) so my initial setup was one of the older high output Intex SWCG.
Went through a few and spent some time fixing/hotwiring them over the years. They were a great bang for your buck.

Those older systems are getting harder to find with good cells, so I decided to upgrade to a "real" SWCG system after wearing out the last of
my ebay/craigslist/garage sale scores.

Great overview of most all current SWCG can be found here: Salt Water Pool Systems

Enter the Bluewave Endurachlor NC3166. https://bluewaveproducts.com/products/endurachlor-salt-chlorine-generator-1?variant=35621628625 also Blue Wave | Chlorine Generator

Purchased @ Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Wave-Endurachlor-Chlorine-Generator/dp/B01E81MWFC

cell.jpgcontroller.jpg

The Endurachlor NC3166 system is a re-packaged Solaxx Reliant CLG240A, and actually has Solaxx part numbers on the components. Reliant Chlorine Generator

BlueWave claims a 5yr warranty vs Solaxx 3yr and price on either of these systems seems to run about $550-600.

Not sure of the exact relationship between the 2 companies, would be interested in more info if anyone knows.... Anyway-

Specs:
Rated for 40,000 Gallons, Claimed max chlorine output is 1.65 lbs/day. 3500-4500 PPM salt level. Operates on 115V or 230V AC, has 8 setting levels for chlorine production, controller has indicators for system error, check cell, low salt & water flow.

Manual:
Covers install and operation well, however, does NOT include any info on available parts or accessories.

Components:
Wall mounted weather resistant box housing the power supply/wiring and controls, inline salt cell, 2 sets of 2" unions and a 2" flow switch housing with temp sensor and a cell cleaning cap.

Power supply AC source wiring is ~ 8' and is not terminated, so is ready to wire up to a timer panel or plug end of your choice. Cell and flow switch wiring is ~10-12'.

Extension cables for the cell and flow switch plus other parts/accessories are available direct from solaxx. Saltron Reliant Archives - Solaxx Parts Shop

Install is simple and straight forward if you are the DIY type. My pool plumbing is a combination of 1.5" rigid and flex PVC so I had to incorporate 1.5-2" adapters.

This is a basic, manually operated SWCG system. If you leave it on and remove power with a master switch or timer it will automatically
turn back on with the master switch/timer at the CL level you have set.

If you turn it off from the control panel and remove power with a master switch or timer it will stay off when power is turned back on.

I have my pool set up for completely manual operation controlled by a switch. When switch is on, pump & SWCG is on.

So far this system is having no problem supplying CL now that the heat and humidity has really turned up here in Iowa.

equipment.jpg

D.

D,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all SWCG loving pool owners..... :shark:

Thanks for the report on your SWCG... I just bought the Solaxx/Saltron-mini for my Spa.. Only been a few days, but so far I'm impressed.

That is a great looking setup you have.

Thanks for taking the time and posting the great pics,

Jim R.

Thanks for the welcome! I intend to keep this updated with my experience with this system. Hopefully it's longevity value will exceed the time/$ I spent keeping the Intex systems going over the past 5 yrs...

D.

I would be interested on your updates too... for potential future replacement. I went economy too with two Intex($100/piece) to get 1.2 lbs/day. My setup should have paid for itself by end of Aug 2017 with very little maintenance.

Quick update:

After having this system in operation for a few weeks now, I have been happy with my choice of this system.

Running system at 50% CL output ~ 8 hrs/day.

Most recent test results:

FC 7
CC 0
TC 7
PH 7.5
TA 70
CH 180
CYA 70
SALT 3800
BORATES 50

D.

I apologize for not updating this at the end of the season last year. The system ran great all summer. Should have an update to this in the next couple of days. Re-routed & reworked all of my plumbing to eliminate all but 2 hose clamps on the flexible PVC the last couple days. Wish I would have got to it a week or 2 earlier with how hot it is here already. Today i just finished topping off the pool, took the winter cover off, and started the pump. Will try to get a 1st reading full water test done this evening and post it up later or tomorrow. Once I get that test done I will know what my salt level is and if I need to add any before I start the SWCG up.

L8ter,
Dana

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to get a 1st test done. My sons baseball game ran late yesterday evening and we had a dandy storm overnight that raised my pool level about 3 inches. That was fine since there was some dirt/crud after I pulled the cover and from the storm and was able to just vacuum to discharge without running it through the filter. So initial test results after pulling cover and storm follow below. Note: In the fall at closing time I lower water level to just below the return port, disassemble and store inside the; pump, filter valve, and SWCG system. I also deep clean and drain the filter and cover the master valve opening on top. I then raise the CL to shock levels and cover for winter. In the spring, a couple weeks before un-covering and opening, I again add CL to shock level to get started on any crud that might have accumulated. Then I re-assemble and top off water level prior to pulling cover. Here is what my water looked like after pulling cover... not tea bag. :cool:

pool open.jpg

Initial test results:
Water Temp 75*
FC 9
CC 0
TC 9
PH 7.5
TA 120
CH 150
CYA 50
SALT 3000
BORATES 50

Added 2 bags of salt tonight and will check salt level tomorrow and start SWCG. It's actually ready to swim right now but will be adding some acid to knock the TA back down and a sock with CYA to get that level up where it needs to be. Will post up another update once it starts making chlorine.

L8r,
Dana

Latest update:

So I have gone from jaded skeptic to tentative fanboy of the Blue Wave Endurachlor SWCG.

I have had my pool system running for 3 days now since re-assembling. The SWCG fired right up and started making chlorine yesterday with no issues.
Last night before shutting the pump down, I noticed a leak had appeared somewhere near the cell location. Investigation this morning revealed the leak was coming from the actual CELL housing itself at the assembly joint/seam. I placed a call to Blue Wave Endurachlor this afternoon (1-800-759-0977) that had to have been one of the best customer service/warranty calls I have ever made. Was able to speak immediately to an actual person (Cindy) in the USA at Blue Wave headquarters in St. Charles IL. A replacement cell should get to me mid next week with no need to box up and ship back the old one.

Further conversation revealed that the Endurachlor system is indeed a Blue Wave Endurachlor private labeled Solaxx Reliant system.

Time will tell if the correct replacement cell shows up as promised... Will update accordingly.

Despite the leaking cell, Pool conditions today are great... :splash:

pool1 6-1-18.jpg
pool2 6-1-18.jpg

Another update and my most recent installment of disasters, fiascos & hi-jinks...
Nothing with my pool ever seems to work out without a little pain. :sad:

So, I have gone back from tentative fanboy to jaded skeptic.
My Initial interaction with Blue Wave Endurachlor seemed great.

Until I received a completely incorrect item :brickwall:

I called Blue Wave immediately and unfortunately did not get to speak with Cindy again. I spoke with a Kim who was not quite as well versed in customer service interaction skills.

After some back and forth she was able to pull up my invoice and then did set up a new shipment with the correct model and stated that they would also send out a call tag for shipping the incorrect item back.

As of today I have still not received the correct replacement system or call tag.

Fortunately, the original cell is still making chlorine just fine and only leaking enough to leave a wet spot on my equipment pad and not a running stream.

I will attempt to consume a nice tall glass of P.O.P. and update this again if/when I finally receive the correct replacement parts.

On a side note, I have successfully converted a 1/2 dozen or so folks to the TFP way over the years since I first started lurking and learning here. My next door neighbor is one of those stories and he just successfully upgraded his 18' intex ultra frame to a standard hayward through wall skimmer/return, hayward sand filter/pump, and installed a circupool SWCG...

So there's that bit of positive at least. :scratch:

D.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update the next....

So after several "data entry errors" by Blue Wave customer support and the arrival of a couple of other random incorrect items, I finally received the correct replacement system this past week.

New system is up and running great. Old system had continued to make chlorine just fine even with the leaky cell and I will use marine epoxy to seal it back up and keep it as a spare.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.