Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
The Encore Cool! been down for almost 2 years now, and still looks good. I have not had the time to re-seal it this year, but I'm not sure it really needs it- I did it last year mostly out of Covid Isolation Boredom. It's probable that I won't re-seal this summer, but I might come fall when the weather gets a bit cooler.

The cracks that the product filled in are still mostly not visible, but there are a few spots where I'm seeing some possible re-separation. I think it is possible that February's Hoth-like conditions may have caused this. Regardless, I'll be watching these spots and may touch up a bit before I re-seal again.

I put down a black rubber doormat in one spot, and that stained it a lovely yellowish-brown.:( I will attempt to remove this stain, re-coat it if necessary, and/or keep a mat on this spot for all eternity. So in addition to rust, this finish can definitely be stained by dark rubber. A good scrub with BKF removed the majority of the rust stains, but probably easier to keep iron things off of it.

Otherwise, it's holding up. No adhesion issues. Nothing is flaking off anywhere. As I've said elsewhere, I don't really know for sure if it truly helps keep the surfaces cooler, but I can walk on it barefoot in July/August without absolutely scorching my feet. If I were building from scratch, this probably wouldn't be my first choice of surfaces, but for a DIY repair/revival on the cheap, I've got no complaints.

Original Post where I was seeking any experiences with this product.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.