New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hi. I just installed a RJ45 and it's in a location that will get direct sunlight for several hours per day. I was thinking maybe I should put it in an enclosure. Like a sprinkler control box but it'd need to be larger. Thoughts? If so where to get one.

Glad you're doing this for the added safety :)

An awning over it might work and also protect the other equipment. A box built around everything (except the heater) will keep everything cool and out of the weather as well.

The simplest might be a short length of (perhaps) 4" or 6" opaque PVC drain pipe with a slot/gap cut away down the length of the pipe (maybe 1/3 of the diameter removed), so you can slip it over the cell housing. You could also wrap it with an opaque cloth or building fabric.

I'm in the same sunny boat. My equipment pad is in the hottest place in the yard until mid afternoon. In the short term I'm going to cover the cell with some insulated reflective material. The wife operates a sewing machine, so longer term we will have a nice looking cover made from outdoor fabric. The control box will get a box I'll make. The cost of a big utility box is obscene!

I'd live a fence to provide shade like you say needsajet. That will come later this year (diy) or next spring (when I save the $ to have it done). For now I'll follow you advice pikeman. Thanks guys.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.