Emptying pool and refilling

No, not slamming. I did a test with the daily kit this morning and the Cl was orange. Any suggestions on what's going on or what I need to do?

The OTO chlorine test is orange/brown at high FC levels. If you are not SLAMing, then let chlorine drop.
Why are you keeping FC so high if you are not SLAMing?
Based on a CYA of 70, your target FC is around 8.
Don't add FC today and let FC drift down.

If you are running the SWG, you need to either turn down the runtime %, or reduce the # of hours it is running. Your FC is very high for daily maintenance, and will just continue to climb until you turn down the SWG.

Latest numbers as of today:

Ch - 550
TA - 70
CYA - 50
FC - 8
CC - 1
TC - 9
pH - 7.8

Calcium is high, should I empty some of the water and add fresh water?

You need to check your CSI to decide. Temp and Salt (if you have a SWG) needed to figure that out.

It looks like you are OK though and don't need to lower CH.

The temp is fine, water is cool, been swimming in it nearly every day. Salt is good, at 3000. Only reason I asked about emptying out some water to lower the CH is because I read on one of the TFP pages it shouldn't be over 400 or 450 and the only way to lower it was removing some of the water. According to PoolMath:
CSI -0.03 -0.19 Is that good?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here's an unrelated question, why am I not getting notification emails when someone replies to my posts?
When you reply, scroll down to 'Additional Options' and make sure that the 'Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes:' box is checked, and select 'Instantly, using email' from the drop down box.

notify.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.