Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Hi,

First off, thank you very much for everyone on these forums. I will have my first pool soon and have learned from Pool School, the "Just Getting Started" forum (received awesome advice on chemicals) and a lot just by searching. My pool gets installed next week and I am tackling the electrical setup now.

I met with an electrician to install the electrical needed for my new pool, pool specs are in my signature.

We spoke about what was required for the pump but I will also be running a Pentair Aqualuminator light and want to have extra capacity incase I ever get a SWCG. He said I would need a timer to run an outlet which will handle the pump and future SWCG and a separate outlet for the light.

I want to double check that with you all as I thought that pumps require a dedicated outlet, which leads me to understand that I will need 1 outlet for the pump on a timer, 1 for the light and 1 "run" to handle a timer/outlet for the future SWCG.

What are you guys running for a similar setup? What timer do you recommend for the pump?

Thanks a lot

Get an Intermatic T101 timer if the pump is 120V or an Intermatic T104 timer if 240V.

Will your pool need to be code inspected?

Yes, the electrical work will be inspected.

Then the requirement for the pump on a dedicated line or shared with the SWG and if the pump needs a twist lock receptacle is determined by the code inspector. The electrician should know if he has worked in the area or review your plans with the inspector.

Breakers will need to be GFCI or receptacles will need to be GFCI.

Thanks. The pump does not have a twist lock and I don't have the SWCG now so not an issue. He already said that the pump and the SWCG can run off the same outlet and timer. I am second guessing that from what I have read.

Just looking for feedback on what everyone runs with a similar setup. This way, if it differs from his thoughts I can question him and have an educated conversation.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.