Electric wire causeing leak in skimmer pipe.

Jul 5, 2010
NE OHIO
Can someone tell me if this was done correctly? We have had problems with this for years and once again has a huge leak because I bumped it lightly and the drip went to a constant running of water. It's about impossible to get it not to drip. Also the wire inside the hole is coiled which causes all the leaves, hairs, etc. to get stuck on it every time we vacuum.

Attachments

• 20190619_123545.jpg
    20190619_123545.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 29
Luckily they didn't drill into the skimmer itself. You can replace that adapter.
There are a couple of ways to bond the water.
One is the Perma-Cast Pool Water Bonding Kit where you place a tee with a threaded side port and screw it into it.

Another is to get a skimmer plate like the Burndy Waterbug Pool Water Bonding Kit. It goes into the skimmer and the only drawback is that you have to drill a hole in the skimmer, but it's easier to seal than the way yours is done.

There's also another device by Perma-Cast for above ground pools that goes into the pump basket and the bond wire sticks out the drain plug hole. They use a sealing fitting to seal the hole around the wire.

My favorite is the Perma-Cast Pool Water Bond because there's no drilling of plumbing or equipment and threads are a proven seal.

Reactions: Arizonarob
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.