Electric Sub Panel - Is this correct?

Jem,

None of the breakers are GFCI breakers.. So I assume you mean the GFCI outlet..

Hard to tell looking at a pic, but the line voltage goes in one end and load (GFCI controlled) comes out the other end. It is marked on the outlet, Line and Load..

What is it that you have a question about?

Edit... Can you look at the back of the outlet and tell me if the line side is on the bottom or the top???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I mean the GFCI outlet. It looks to me that the hot and neutral source/line wires come in to the outlet on the top and bottom of the near side of the outlet. I would expect them to both come into the top or the bottom, depending on the orientation of the outlet.

Typically, the GFCI has the LOAD wires on top and the LINE on the bottom (assuming this receptacle is this orientation). I have never seen a LINE and LOAD left and right.

Can you post a pic of the back of the GFCI?

I would be more concerned of the fact of none of the breakers being GFCI.

Can you get a pic of the back so we can see the writing?
This is a photo from a web site. See here: Services - Carefree Pools .

I would be wary of a company that illustrates their work using non-GFCI breakers in the panel. They should know better. They seem to be located in AZ yet their site's shopping cart shows prices in pounds.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jem,

It does not look right, but we need to see a pic of the back of the GFCI outlet to know for sure..

I also have never seen one that has anything but a Line Input on one end and the Load output on the other end.

If this is new, have them come back out and at least check their work..

If you plug a light into the outlet and push the test button does the light go out? Will the light even come on without popping the GFCI?

Thanks,

Jim R.

This is not my system. I saw this on a web site. I was looking at the wires, testing my understanding (I am not a professional), and I thought, "that doesn't look right." My pool sub panel has the line and one end, and the load at the other, and the load then feeds the lights through a relay. I've never seen a GFCI with a line on the left and load on the right - I've only seen top/bottom.

This is not my system. I saw this on a web site. I was looking at the wires, testing my understanding (I am not a professional), and I thought, "that doesn't look right." My pool sub panel has the line and one end, and the load at the other, and the load then feeds the lights through a relay. I've never seen a GFCI with a line on the left and load on the right - I've only seen top/bottom.
That is a heck of a good catch! Have you sent them a message about it? The pounds thing on the cart is weird too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.