electric smoker placement concern

rajung

Mar 17, 2015
Cedar Falls, Iowa
So I decided to get a 40" electric smoker
Now I am not sure about placing on a covered wooden deck, 8 ft wall height and 10ft at peak.
Was planning to place next to small fridge along that wall, not sure about how much radiant heat these omit or if its grease leak that is an issue on wood.
Don't really want to " smoke the house"
Or is a cement type mat like I have under charcoal grill make it alright?
deck.JPG

I was not sure how much smoke this will emit.
I am more worried about fire issues with these since I am new to smokers.
Don't have any smoke issues with the grill, I usually open the side windows if it does and it gets drawn right out.

I wouldn't smoke under that nice covered patio but thats just me. Its a pain but I always move my smoker out in the open. Heck there are times just using my grill I have to run the small table top fan to keep from smoking out my patio based on wind direction...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m curious what brand it is.

Heres what I did to mine. Like I had mentioned it was on wheels and I was tired of bending over to use it. I found a stainless steel cart at Costco that I cut off the top shelf.

Also I’ve started mine outside and then moved it into our garage when the weather was bad. Once the smoke stops it’s just venting flavored goodness.

image.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.