Electric pool heater

80tx

Jul 27, 2016
Texas
Afternoon all,

Thinking about getting a pool heater. Would prefer electric as my house is on propane (no ng available) and I'm not wanting to drain the tank every time.

With that said, any tips or reviews on brands? Pros/cons from your personal experience?

I'm starting to research and will be back to this thread with additional questions.

Heat pump may be possible, if you are only looking to maintain a warmer temperature when it is still warm out. A HP will not heat the pool in the winter.
Pentair has an online calculator to see if your conditions will fit with a heat pump.

Pentair has a Heat Pump Calculator to determine the appropriate size Heat Pump for your location. Pentair seems to do honest calculations based on the physics and efficiencies of each type of pump and energy source.

Raypak also has a Heat Pump calculator...

To get the most accurate cost comparison you should change the default electric kwh, natural gas price, and propane price to actual prices in your area.

In addition to Pentair and Raypak look at Aquacal and Gulfstream heat pumps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.