Electric pool fence!!

mtw826

Jun 4, 2010
MI
Okay, I need help settling a debate. I saw some electric fence signs and thought it would be funny to put them on the gate of our pool fence as a conversation piece with friends and to potentially ward off anybody that isn’t suppose to be around or doesn’t know. My wife and daughters saw them and it freaked them out. They think that it is cruel and scary. Haha.
Anybody that knows me knows that I like like to joke around and will get it. My wife’s concern is a lot of her friends and kids come over and she doesn’t want to have to explain it all the time.

I will end up removing them but I am just curious what the majority think?

Cruel, scary, too much?C7DBF20F-F75A-4098-8005-11C7EA319963.jpeg or funny conversation piece?

Be honest, I can handle it if this is not funny because of the whole electricity water thing.

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
There was another post with a sign that said - Swimsuits optional beyond this point - that would be a better conversation piece. IMO

• Love
Reactions: Newdude

jseyfert3

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 20, 2017
Southern WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Eh. I don't personally find it that amusing but I neither find it "cruel and scary." Of course I'm also a very analytical person, I'd look at the fence and think "there's no way that could be electrified." :D

I like some of the other funny pool signs. Such as the "ATTENTION: No swimming suits after dark" Attention No Swimming Suits After Dark Sign, SKU: K2-0521

Reactions: HermanTX

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I would think someone has a warped sense of humor and report it to the authorities in case it was real. :scratch:

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I personally love it. Its your property and people can get over it if they can’t take a joke. Its not illegal or against any code to do it, so do what makes you happy.

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I get your wife's interest in not wanting to explain your sense of humor to all visitors.

• Haha
Reactions: jseyfert3

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Soon enough they'll be a "XXXX Husband's Sign - Please Ignore" sign hanging below it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I think it’s funny - but i agree someone may report u or everyone will think you’re the crazy neighbor 🤪

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
That's freaking hilarious but I work in a prison and have a warped sense of humor so... that explains that!

Reactions: Mdragger88

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
I am with Casey, I also love it but I have seen stuff that make most people cringe in horror :)

AUSpool

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 23, 2015
Brisbane, Australia.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I think it’s funny.

The humor may be lost on my fence, “caution electric glass fence”.

If only I could get one in possumish, “caution, electrified electric cable. Keep off my bloody roof.”

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.