Manor
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Quick background: trying to drop TA so added appropriate amount of MA.

Note: I have read through, and seen several posts of Jim's talking about the limitations around schedule limits on the ET systems, especially the ET4, so I am sure I am either missing something, or just a bit slow today.

After I added the MA, I started feature circuit I have setup named "Pool Medium" (pump circuit @1600RPM). I have an egg timer set for that circuit of 30 minutes. What I expected to happen was that my pump would run at that speed for 30 minutes and then return to its "normal" speed/program of 1200RPM. What actually happened was nothing. I just continued to run at 1600RPM until I turned that feature circuit off. I also noticed this last night with my pool lights. So...

Below are images of my pool schedule and egg timers. I have two pool schedules, and then the Egg Timer schedules you see (four different total). I THINK what I am reading from some of Jim's posts is that the system won't accommodate more than four schedules (or 8 for an ET8) regardless of how many are programmed. I get that. So, the question is, I have 2 programmed schedules, and then the 4 different Egg Timer schedules so does that mean it is disregarding all the Egg Timers?

Will the ET4 only use 4 ACTIVE schedules at a time and if so, which 4? The order they are created? I've changed two of the Egg Timer schedule to 12 hours (default I think I have read) and then tried the feature circuit but it doesn't change anything.

Also, I'm handy with a soldering iron and have considered removing the J23 jumper turn this into an ET8 when the warranty expires. Hope this makes sense.

Screenshot 2023-06-07 195732.png
Screenshot 2023-06-07 195906.png

Shawn,

The lite EasyTouch can only have a max of 4 schedules total and that includes any egg-timers and run once schedules.

If you have your pool scheduled to run 24 hours, like 8 am until 8 am, there is no reason to set the Pool egg-timer to don't stop

As a test, delete all your egg-timers except for Pool Medium.. I'd set it 30 minutes.. I am not sure what the shortest amount of time is.. I have never tried it.
Leave your Pool schedule 12 am until 12 am at 1200 RPM
Leave your Skim Clean schedule as is.

After you set that up, and save it and you are in AUTO, then hit the Reset button on the main panel. It will not delete anything, it just reboots the system, like you might do to a PC.

It will take a few minutes for everything to come back up. Once it does, Confirm the pump is running at 1200, then turn on the Pool Medium and see if the speed increases to 1600 for 30 minutes and then goes back to 1200.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. That clarifies it for me, a bit. FYI the minimum appears to be 1 minute. I am going to have to read up in a way to actually delete an egg timer. I didn’t add them so they must be added when you create a feature circuit (that was my assumption anyway)? Ive looked through the config and screen logic app. All I’m able to do is adjust the time 1m to 24H or “don’t stop”, and I set pool that way when I was having the random pump stopping issue.

MLC,

Sorry, I should have said to set them to the default of 12 hours, which is the same as deleting them as far as schedules go.. The default of 12 hours does not count against the total of 4 schedules.

Jim R.

I am going to have to read up in a way to actually delete an egg timer. I didn’t add them so they must be added when you create a feature circuit (that was my assumption anyway)?
In the App, go to Schedules, then select Egg Timers. Change the ones you do not want to 12 hours 0 minutes.

Thanks both. “Deleting“ was throwing me off. I’ve set them all for 12 hours except the one I’m testing. Will update when I have a moment to verify.

Reactions: mknauss
Adjusted as suggested, reset a few minutes ago with egg timer at two minutes and the others set to default of 12 hours 0 minutes. tried activating the "Pump Medium" and after 4 minutes it was still running at 1600 RPM until I manually turned it off.

As a side note, I set the Pool Medium egg timer to 12 Hours 0 minutes then set the pool lights circuit to 3 minutes and turned them on. Amazingly, they turned off after 3 minutes. So, I switched the times again with the pump at three minutes and it worked. I'm not sure what the issue was, but thanks for walking me through this.

Jim, to your point earlier, this actually started because I added so MA and wanted to increase the pump speed for a bit to mix, because, then I thought I could set an egg timer for the light circuit to turn off after a bit in case I ever forgot too. Like 95% of my life I stumbled into this, I didn't start out looking!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Shawn,

So.. is it fixed or it just started working or 3 minutes is the minimum time, or ???

The reason I asked you to hit the reset button, is that sometimes when you set up a schedule it might take 24 hours for it to start working. Does not happen every time, just some of the time..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Shawn,

So.. is it fixed or it just started working or 3 minutes is the minimum time, or ???

The reason I asked you to hit the reset button, is that sometimes when you set up a schedule it might take 24 hours for it to start working. Does not happen every time, just some of the time..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim, sorry, I wasn't quite clear. It is working, now. After the reset, it was not initially then I changed the timer from the pump circuit to the lights and all the sudden it started working. When I went back to the timer on the pump circuit it then functioned as expected. Almost as something was "stuck" (even after the reset).

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.