Efflorescence after resurface and retile

GlendalePool

Sep 24, 2019
Glendale,AZ
Hi all,

Just completed our NPT stonescape resurface and waterline retile. Job was complete December 3, 2020. So all materials are less than a month old.

I've been keep daily tracking of pool chemistry and daily brushing. Everything like I did in the past.

I've now noted efflorescence in the area demarcated. This was never present in the past and has just shown up after the resurface/retile. It appears that water has gotten behind the tile and is coming out through the cement coping. This was taken 24 hours with no water running over the spillway and the grout below the cement coping is still wet. You can even see efflorescence coming out from the vertical grout line below this area.

I'm not looking for ways to clean this efflorescence. I would just like confirmation that this is a problem. I'm starting here because the company I used for remodel hasn't responded to my texts over the last day regarding these exact pictures.

Please advise. FYI: it is grout between the tile and coping, not a polymer/caulk.

Thank you for your opinions!

IMG_4195.jpgIMG_4196.jpg

Given you're in Glendale AZ, its probably not caused by rain getting in that groove. One possibility is a leak behind the wall. In any event. you need to get the pool builder back to look at it. Get all of your correspondence in writing/email, not telephone calls.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.