Effects of Salt in Non Chlorine Pool

kwjoh

Sep 13, 2021
Dallas, TX
Based on some older threads, I added pool salt to help soften my water, was reading 620 ppm. Now that I have added the salt, I am having a hard time to get chlorine to stay in the pool. The water was perfectly balanced before I put the salt in and we have not had enough leaves to remove 4 lbs worth of chlorine. Any thoughts?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I suspect the addition of salt and your FC level are just a coincidence. Whether you added salt or not, it had some just from the byproducts of acid, liquid chlorine, etc. Some non-salt pools have a salt level well over 1,000 ppm. But tell us more about your pool, how you test your water, and the equipment you use. Fill out your signature and post a full set of water test results. We'll do your best to help.

K,

I don't understand your title?? You say you have a non-chlorine pool and then that you can't keep chlorine in your pool... I am corn-fused... :scratch:

How are you adding chlorine to your pool now?

I agree with Marty, adding the salt is not the issue...

Thanks,

Jim R.

My last test, TC 0 / FC 0
Yikes! I don't suppose you have anyone at home or a neighbor who can add some liquid chlorine (or regular bleach) each day for you until you get back? It's still a bit warm for us and algae will grow in no time if not starting already.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.