Ecofinish Aquabrite Colors

tagz27

Oct 23, 2020
Frisco, TX
Hello,
I am new to the forum. I am seeking help/advise on the Ecofinish product. I did post a couple of messages and did not receive any replies. I have to let my contractor know my tomorrow, so hoping I get some responses to this post.

1) I did research this forum and read a few posts. However, there are not a lot of people who have updated this forum after their construction. I'd like to know how their experience has been so far..especially with the texture. Is it too smooth for the tanning ledge and the steps?
2) Really hoping that someone can share pics. I did find Blue Lagoon and Med. Blue - but pics of other colors are hard to find. I am especially interested in the other 2 blue colors as well... Pacific Blue and Ice Ice Bay Bay. Hoping to finalize one of these 4 blue colors.

Thanks!

NeutronJohn

Jun 26, 2019
DFW, Texas
We have the Aquabright in Blue Lagoon. I'll see if I can get some good photos in the sunlight. Check my profile pic for a wide shot.

Regarding the surface, we love the texture and get many compliments from people about how nice it feels. We don't have a tanning ledge, but on the steps of the pool and seats of the hot tub, they sprayed more texture to prevent slipping. It's not scratchy, but is rougher to allow more grip.

Regarding color, we had originally ordered Med Blue, but the builder did not have it in stock (we took the option of changing colors at a discount vs waiting for the Med Blue). I'm glad we went with the lighter color. During the summer we get water temps in the low 90s.

Overall thoughts, the finish is very low maintenance. There is no break in or additional brushing needed. Aside from adjusting the fill water to spec, I have not added anything but chlorine since the build a year and half ago. I hope this helps.

tagz27

Oct 23, 2020
Frisco, TX
We have the Aquabright in Blue Lagoon. I'll see if I can get some good photos in the sunlight. Check my profile pic for a wide shot.

Regarding the surface, we love the texture and get many compliments from people about how nice it feels. We don't have a tanning ledge, but on the steps of the pool and seats of the hot tub, they sprayed more texture to prevent slipping. It's not scratchy, but is rougher to allow more grip.

Regarding color, we had originally ordered Med Blue, but the builder did not have it in stock (we took the option of changing colors at a discount vs waiting for the Med Blue). I'm glad we went with the lighter color. During the summer we get water temps in the low 90s.

Overall thoughts, the finish is very low maintenance. There is no break in or additional brushing needed. Aside from adjusting the fill water to spec, I have not added anything but chlorine since the build a year and half ago. I hope this helps.
Thank you! That looks beautiful! We decided Blue Lagoon and my rep showed me a pic of Ice Ice Bay Bay at the last moment. So we changed it. Hopefully it turns out great

Reactions: NeutronJohn

NeutronJohn

Jun 26, 2019
DFW, Texas
We also liked Ice Ice Bay Bay (and not just for the name). I think you are making a good choice. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I recommend watching when they spray in the Aquabright. It's literally a flame thrower.

Reactions: tagz27

Nikilyn

Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2018
Gilbert, AZ
We were able to see and feel this over the weekend at a place we are thinking about using for our finish. We loved it! Just wish it didn’t cost so much.

Last edited:

tagz27

Oct 23, 2020
Frisco, TX
We are having the same issue as @NeutronJohn Blue lagoon is readily available and Ice Ice Bay Bay has to be shipped in for an additional price. And we are torn between the two colors. We do not like light or dark colors. We want to stay "bright blue" with some level of transparent water!

tagz27

Oct 23, 2020
Frisco, TX
We also liked Ice Ice Bay Bay (and not just for the name). I think you are making a good choice. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I recommend watching when they spray in the Aquabright. It's literally a flame thrower.
Finally decided to go with Ice Ice Bay Bay. White plaster was done yesterday. Prep and epoxy going on today. Color/torching tomorrow. The one thing that I found out was the tile markers on the stairs... well the grout between them will stay white as they will tape that and torch it. So I will now have to it change the grout color after they finish doing the color...

Reactions: Nikilyn