Ecofinish Aquabrite Colors

tagz27

Oct 23, 2020
Frisco, TX
Hello,
I am new to the forum. I am seeking help/advise on the Ecofinish product. I did post a couple of messages and did not receive any replies. I have to let my contractor know my tomorrow, so hoping I get some responses to this post.

1) I did research this forum and read a few posts. However, there are not a lot of people who have updated this forum after their construction. I'd like to know how their experience has been so far..especially with the texture. Is it too smooth for the tanning ledge and the steps?
2) Really hoping that someone can share pics. I did find Blue Lagoon and Med. Blue - but pics of other colors are hard to find. I am especially interested in the other 2 blue colors as well... Pacific Blue and Ice Ice Bay Bay. Hoping to finalize one of these 4 blue colors.

Thanks!

Not many people have it overall and not many on this site.... I wish I could help you out, hopefully someone can answer you :)

Reactions: tagz27
We have the Aquabright in Blue Lagoon. I'll see if I can get some good photos in the sunlight. Check my profile pic for a wide shot.

Regarding the surface, we love the texture and get many compliments from people about how nice it feels. We don't have a tanning ledge, but on the steps of the pool and seats of the hot tub, they sprayed more texture to prevent slipping. It's not scratchy, but is rougher to allow more grip.

Regarding color, we had originally ordered Med Blue, but the builder did not have it in stock (we took the option of changing colors at a discount vs waiting for the Med Blue). I'm glad we went with the lighter color. During the summer we get water temps in the low 90s.

Overall thoughts, the finish is very low maintenance. There is no break in or additional brushing needed. Aside from adjusting the fill water to spec, I have not added anything but chlorine since the build a year and half ago. I hope this helps.

We have the Aquabright in Blue Lagoon. I'll see if I can get some good photos in the sunlight. Check my profile pic for a wide shot.

Regarding the surface, we love the texture and get many compliments from people about how nice it feels. We don't have a tanning ledge, but on the steps of the pool and seats of the hot tub, they sprayed more texture to prevent slipping. It's not scratchy, but is rougher to allow more grip.

Regarding color, we had originally ordered Med Blue, but the builder did not have it in stock (we took the option of changing colors at a discount vs waiting for the Med Blue). I'm glad we went with the lighter color. During the summer we get water temps in the low 90s.

Overall thoughts, the finish is very low maintenance. There is no break in or additional brushing needed. Aside from adjusting the fill water to spec, I have not added anything but chlorine since the build a year and half ago. I hope this helps.

Thank you! That looks beautiful! We decided Blue Lagoon and my rep showed me a pic of Ice Ice Bay Bay at the last moment. So we changed it. Hopefully it turns out great

Reactions: NeutronJohn
We were able to see and feel this over the weekend at a place we are thinking about using for our finish. We loved it! Just wish it didn’t cost so much.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We also liked Ice Ice Bay Bay (and not just for the name). I think you are making a good choice. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I recommend watching when they spray in the Aquabright. It's literally a flame thrower.
Finally decided to go with Ice Ice Bay Bay. White plaster was done yesterday. Prep and epoxy going on today. Color/torching tomorrow. The one thing that I found out was the tile markers on the stairs... well the grout between them will stay white as they will tape that and torch it. So I will now have to it change the grout color after they finish doing the color...

Reactions: Nikilyn
Here is the Ice Ice Bay Bay Pic
Are you still happy with this? I'm supposed to have this done over my 2 year old fiberglass pool that has calcium staining that won't come off but some of these stories I'm s seed to death to proceed.

Any feedback? Should I allow the warranty work to proceed? I'm worried about chemistry imbalance and staining. We go on vacation a couple times during the summer and the last thing I want to sorry about is is my pool gonna be messed up if there chemicals become goofy due to rain, heat etc.

Yes, my pool is blue lagoon color. We are almost 2 years in and are so happy with the Aquabright finish. There is no color change or wear. I've added less than half a gallon of acid in total. It is very chemical and physically stable. It is easy to keep clean. Dirt and debris are easy to brush. I use liquid chlorine primarily, but if I'm going out of town, I'll put a few pucks in the dispenser. This is my first pool, so I don't have much to compare, but I highly recommend it to all who ask.

Reactions: Theycallmesunny
Are you still happy with this? I'm supposed to have this done over my 2 year old fiberglass pool that has calcium staining that won't come off but some of these stories I'm s seed to death to proceed.

Any feedback? Should I allow the warranty work to proceed? I'm worried about chemistry imbalance and staining. We go on vacation a couple times during the summer and the last thing I want to sorry about is is my pool gonna be messed up if there chemicals become goofy due to rain, heat etc.
I'm curious about your calcium staining and how they dealt with it during the prep phase. We have a fiberglass pool circa 1984 and we had AquaBrite applied two weeks ago. When they were prepping, the calcium scale from the previous owners use of CalHypo for 29 years had to be sandblasted to remove as sanding was too time consuming. The southeast rep for EcoFinish says he sees this about 2 or 3 times a year. The heat from the application also caused leaks as it melted previous repairs in the light niche and skimmer. The company fixed the light niche and skimmer leaks, but I still am battling a small leak and no word from the company in over a week. The good news, I have not paid the balance and won't until they fix the leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.