Emerald Coast Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have an EasyTouch Single feature, no spa. In ScreenLogic2, in the Setup Circuits menu, Spa is disabled, but it continues to change for "Show On" from Don't Show after about an hour changes to Spa. This happens in Android App, Apple App and on the PC. Now with the Pentair Remote program, I see that Spa Pump is on, but does not follow the Pool pump or the Features pump.

Any Idea's?

spapump.PNG

P,

What happens if you set the Spa Circuit Name to Spa instead of "Not Used"... ?

I'm going to play with my spa circuit and see if I can duplicate the problem.

I'll let you know if I find anything..

Thanks,

Jim R.

P,

So... The system will not let me select "don't show" when the Spa circuit is named "Not Used".. :scratch:

When it is named "Spa" it let's me select don't show..

I'm going to let it sit for an hour or so and see if it comes back. At this point the spa data does not show up on the Home screen and only Pool shows up on the normal Pool/Spa page.

Jim R.

When I change the Spa, all that happens is Spa shows up on the pages. Pentair doesn't have a clue why it is happening. Their recommendation is to flash to v2.18 on the EasyTouch.

1619910175915.png
1619910216404.png

P,

I replaced my original EasyTouch 4 card with a used EasyTouch 8 card.. Turns out the used card had a program in it and when I connected it to my Protocol adapter, I ended up with a mixture of old and new programs.. The problem was that I could not get rid of the unwanted ones.. They did not show up on the set up pages..

Not saying you have the same problem, but I had to delete all the programming from the replacement card and then reprogram the whole thing.. The only good news is that it does not take long with ScreenLogic.

So far mine is still not showing any spa pages.

Just to be clear... The screenshot above is with the Circuit name as "Spa" and the "Don't Show" selected?? Once you do that I would also push the reset button on the main panel.. It will not erase anything, just like rebooting your PC..

Thanks,

Jim R.

The board was reset by Pentair to try to fix the heater issue. After everything was reentered is when the spa problem started to show up. I have did a hard reset again to clear all the settings and spa still show up. I'm at the point to solder in a resister to the board and make it a dual 8 unit.

After everything was reentered is when the spa problem started to show up.

P,

It does not hurt anything for the Spa info to be there... But, if this were my system, I'd delete all the programing using the little LCD on the main panel (Erase EEPROM) and then reenter it all using ScreenLogic.

If it was ok before Pentair screwed with it and then it went bad, then it is pretty obvious that something they did caused the issue. Using ScreenLogic it only takes a few minutes to reenter everything.

Let's see what Tom says about it.. Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

I dunno, that's really strange... but doesn't making it a pool/spa also do other funny things to the way the valves work (I'm not sure)?

When you said you did a "hard reset"... I'm assuming you mean you selected "Erase eeprom" from the menu? or do you mean you selected "Reset" from the menu?

If you haven't cleared it, I second Jim's idea... boards with old programming can do weird things to a screenlogic with different programming. No idea what idiot would have sent Jim a board without clearing it first ;) cough. ahem.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jim/Ogdento-
Yes Pentair did an Erase Eprom.

Just for curiosity sake, I erased the Eprom again last night, re-installed the latest Screen Logic version to the brick and reprogrammed every thing via my Screen Logic. I programmed all the Spa buttons to None they were set to Not Used by Pentair. I left the circuit setting named to Spa and left it shown on as Not Shown. The spa pump now shows off.

The spa still changes from Don't Show to Spa at random lengths times, not sure why.

Attachments

• button.PNG
    button.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 3
  • spa.PNG
    spa.PNG
    6.7 KB · Views: 3
  • spa2.PNG
    spa2.PNG
    24.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
P,

I checked my system this morning and it still does show spa.. on the home page on my PC..

Where did you get the Alarms page.. I don't see that on my system. ???

On my PC, with the Spa set to show, I see side by side displays, one for Pool and one for Spa. Like this..

When I set spa to don't show, I only see the Pool side on my PC, but on my Android phone, I can still see both. Each on its own page. The summary page still shows spa temps and heat mode on my phone.. but not on my PC..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Where did you get the Alarms page.. I don't see that on my system. ???

I found it on the Pentair Dealers site. Remote Program It comes in handy I can monitor my rental and mine on 1 screen.

On a side note, I think I remedied the Spa showing up. On the EasyTouch panel, on the Spa circuit I set it to disable. In ScreenLogic Config it still shows it displayed, but it doesn't show on any of the apps. Spa Pump On still shows in the Remote program.
spa1.JPGpool1.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe
Change to a single body?
when I changed from dual body pool and spa to single body pool only, all of those weird issues disappeared.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.