EasyTouch with Intellichlor IC20

Cag41873

Aug 1, 2023
Valley center,ca
A couple weeks ago I had to communication errors on Screen Logic for the SWG but all was ok I thought. Now it's not producing chlorine. This morning there were no lights on the IC20. I turned everything off, breakers and restarted. Lights came on that said inspect cell. So I was going to take it off today and clean it. Got home and there are no lights on the SWG at all. Restarted everything, and still no lights at all. Is it toast or should I clean it and see if it comes back on?

I doubt cleaning will make any difference. Cleaning with acid will further reduce the life of the likely dead cell.

And I just got a system alert - Chlorinator Communication Lost, I'm assuming since it may be dead? I got this alert a couple weeks ago but the lights were still on, assuming soon after it stopped chlorinating though since my chlorine level dove about a week ago.

Cag,

The cell could be bad, but.. Cell Com alerts generally mean that the cell is not getting power..

Show me several pics of the inside of your EasyTouch, so I can see all the breakers and relays..

Show me your Schedules.. Like this..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have a salt reading today which I didn’t last night. Will it still do that if the cell is dead?

Attachments

• IMG_4378.png
    IMG_4378.png
    51 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4371.jpeg
    IMG_4371.jpeg
    574.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4372.jpeg
    IMG_4372.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4373.jpeg
    IMG_4373.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4374.jpeg
    IMG_4374.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4375.jpeg
    IMG_4375.jpeg
    450 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4377.jpeg
    IMG_4377.jpeg
    692.2 KB · Views: 3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cag,

Thanks for the pics..

I did not see anything wrong with the way your salt cell is wired, which is often the case..

The cell could be bad, but I need to see your schedules to understand how you are using it..

Show me your ScreenLogic schedule.. like my post #8

Try this simple test.. Put the system in the Service mode.. The pump will stop and all the cell light will go off. Then put it back into AUTO. The pump will restart (might take 30 seconds or so) and cell's flow light will be red until after the pump comes up to speed. The red and green salt lights will flash back and forth, like at a railroad crossing, while the cell is determining the salt level.. It should stop flashing after 5 minutes or so.. Once it stops your cell should have a Green salt light and a Green flow light and "some" output lights depending on what % you have the output set to...

The cell light should NOT be flashing... The cell light only comes on when the cell is producing chlorine.. At 50% output, the cell light should be on for 2.5 minutes and then off for 2.5 minutes..

Do that test and tell me what happens,

Thanks,

Jim R.

Cag,

Thanks for the pics..

I did not see anything wrong with the way your salt cell is wired, which is often the case..

The cell could be bad, but I need to see your schedules to understand how you are using it..

Show me your ScreenLogic schedule.. like my post #8

Try this simple test.. Put the system in the Service mode.. The pump will stop and all the cell light will go off. Then put it back into AUTO. The pump will restart (might take 30 seconds or so) and cell's flow light will be red until after the pump comes up to speed. The red and green salt lights will flash back and forth, like at a railroad crossing, while the cell is determining the salt level.. It should stop flashing after 5 minutes or so.. Once it stops your cell should have a Green salt light and a Green flow light and "some" output lights depending on what % you have the output set to...

The cell light should NOT be flashing... The cell light only comes on when the cell is producing chlorine.. At 50% output, the cell light should be on for 2.5 minutes and then off for 2.5 minutes..

Do that test and tell me what happens,

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you Jim. I did that and no lights come on the cell at all anymore.
I don’t use the desktop version of screen logic. Just the app. It runs those two speeds I posted the pic of. I have the superflo instead of intelliflo so it is set up on the schedule with pool for one speed at 2800 for 6 hours and cleaner for the other speed at 1250 for 10 hours. It’s a bummer because the cell was working great since we turned it on early October.

Cag,

If you have a voltmeter, you can measure the output of the Surge card.. Test between where the large Red and Black wires connect to the left side of the card. You should get about 30 to 40 volts DC.. When the cell should be on...

You could also check the connector where the cell's cable connects to the bottom of EasyTouch..

We have seen cables between the cell and the EasyTouch chewed by animals..

How old is the cell??

Thanks,

Jim R.