easytouch with IC40 chlorinator

ParB

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 26, 2020
SF Bay area (silicon valley)
This may be a dumb question but it keeps bugging me.
When my pump is off the lights on the chlorinator is still lit. It is obviously not producing chlorine, but the device is powered. I have the loadcenter integration.

I vaguely remember that when it was installed that the LED's on the chlorinator was not not unless the pump was running?
I didnt install the chlorinator, it was done by a contractor and he did the setup.

I have an easyTouch2 8 with firmware 2.160 if that helps.

Just interested to learn if my setup is right or if something should be changed?
The chlorinator is producing chlorine, that is not the issue. i'm just trying to make sure i didn't mess up something and accidentally changed a setting.

The power to the SWCG transformer in the Easytouch needs to be wired on the LOAD side of the Filter Pump Relay.

This is important. There is a risk of explosion if by chance the flow switch fails and the SWCG creates chlorine and hydrogen gas without water flow through it.

Par,

Your installer was an idiot! Sorry, but there is only one thing that is mandatory, and he did not get that one thing right. :brickwall:

The cell should not get power if the pump is not being told to run.

As Marty points out... the two wires that come from the SWCG transformer must get their AC power from the load side of the Pump/Filter relay.

Show us some pics of how it is currently wired, and we can get you pointed in the right direction, if necessary.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: bertschb
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.