EasyTouch will not keep time.

Aug 4, 2008
Thank you for responding. I only have a pool, cleaner, waterfall and light. The only schedule I have set up turns the pool and cleaner on at night.
I did contact my pool builder. He came and fixed another issue I had and said he would schedule a Pentair rep to come out for the clock issue.
Haven't heard from him since. This has become a pattern with him and I'm tired of it.
I emailed back and forth a few times with a Pentair rep but nothing he suggested fixed it and he told me to call Pentair instead, which I will do.
I'm surprised no one else has run into this issue.
I'd like to know if you ever resolved this. I have an EasyTouch 8 from 2008/2009. The time seems to drift and the date/year always drift or jump to the past. For example, I manually updated the date and time about a week ago and as I write this (see my post date) the clock setting says it's SAT 1:06 PM (PDT-pretty good) NOV 25, 2021 (not so good). I really don't know how well it worked when it was new because I didn't really pay close attention back then. I've kept the firmware updated on the panel and on the wireless remote and recently added the screen logic interface hoping its time sync to the phone would keep the date and time on the panel updated but it hasn't. I'm going to adjust the date now to Nov 6, 2021 then update this post in a week or two as a follow-up.

I think I may have found the cause of the time shift. It seems to be self induced. Under the clock settings, there's a 2nd page with the daylight saving time setting (Manual or Auto). Directly under that is a setting called "Clock Adjust". My assumption was that setting was related to DST. I thought it was there to set the number of minutes the clock would adjust during DST (it didn't make sense but I figured maybe there were places in the world were it wasn't always an hour and for the places that don't do DST, you would set DST to manual). Well that was a bad assumption. The "Clock Adjust" setting is there to help keep the time accurate. If you notice the time is drifting during the year, you can use that setting to correct the drift. In the setting, you can set the clock to adjust itself in 5 second increments from -300 to 300 seconds (+- 5 minutes per month). So for my experiment, I've changed that from 60 back to 0. So far the date is still correct and the time is holding within reason. I'll give another update in a week or 2.

mknauss, I have replaced the lithium button battery several times over the years but it doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem. It's worth checking again especially if the date jumps again.

Last edited:
Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.