Apr 21, 2016
Plainfield/IL
I am planning to add some basic automation to my pool. I just recently upgraded all my equipment and redid the pad. What I’m looking to do is be able to turn the heater on and off when away from the house and use Alexa to turn the slide on and off. I will be doing the installation myself. I was able to get a deal on a basic Easytouch 520591 panel at the same price as the intelliconnect. I know if I want to control the Easytouch from my phone I’ll need Screenlogic which will add another $400 to total cost. Is there any advantage of going with the Easytouch over the intelliconnect? I do not plan on adding any water features but will add a light when the liner gets replaced this fall. I will also be changing the salt cell to an IntelliChlor when the ESC cell needs to be replaced.

The new IntelliCenter is another option that already has ScreenLogic functionality builtin (like the IntelliConnect). The IntelliConnect Review gives you an idea of it's features, but it's a basic system w/ 2 relays. But since you've already purchased EasyTouch you'll need ScreenLogic to get the remote access you're asking for. What pump do you currently have?

Last edited:
I have not purchased the Easytouch yet the store I’d get it from will sell me the Easytouch or the intelliconnect for the same price. I have the Intelliflo 011018 pump. The only advantage I can see with the Easytouch panel is the built in power center. But I’m an electrician so putting in a separate sub panel for the equipment pad will be next to nothing cost wise. So my main question is what features would I be missing out on if any with the intelliconnect since my setup is pretty basic? I would do most if not all of the interaction with either through an iPhone.

Last edited:
I read the intelliconnect review post and it should do everything I’m looking for. I have not been able to find much info since it’s fairly new. Seems like the $400 more the easytouch will cost is not worth it just to have an integrated breaker panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.